My stoopidness

jvolpe28

Seaman
When I was 16 years old I got my first car, not long after my first boat a 1969 16 ft starcraft alum. deep v , and I had a 9.9 johnson for my hp limited lake. The lake is Pymatuning in ne Ohio and nw PA , a big lake seperated by a causeway, I fished all my life on the south end . So I get this boat all ready and decked out with inside cab lights, like you would see on the bumper of a semi truck, they were blue, I had so many in the boat Im sure I could be seen for miles.I had the coolest boat of any 16 yr old anywhere hehe. So I get to the lake, and Instead of going to the familar south end, I went to the north end of the lake where I have never been, it was early evening and I was with my girlfriend and my dog, it was the first time I trailered, launched,and piloted a boat alone, so I had all the usual new guy troubles, but I will skip those and get to the good part, we get the boat in the lake and it's twilight, not dark but not light, so...lights a blaring I leave the marina and open my 9.9 up all the way, whick felt like a 100 hp to me at that age, I went to fish but I was having fun buzzing around, everyone was looking at me, someone was trying to wave me down but I didnt stop, It was now dark, Im buzzing around and finally run out of gas. I threw the anchor and slept till morning, when I woke up I saw dozens of HUGE stumps sticking out of the lake everywhere, It was a miricle I did not hit one, now I know why people were staring, I couldnt drive through there again at night without hitting one and I dont see how I ran my tank empty without whacking one, learned a couple lessons ...and got towed back

Franki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: My stoopidness

When I think back on all the stuff thats happened to me in my life.. I often wonder how I made it this far without serious injury or death intruding.<br /><br />I suspect the same can be said for others here??<br /><br />great story jvolpe28<br /><br />rgds<br /><br />Frank

crab bait

Captain

what's the sayin' GOD watches over drunks & imbissells... AMEN...

ahhhh but a night out on the water is nice...<br /><br />but waking up to that is something I would rather skip<br /><br />mnsweetnsassy2