My son the Hiker!

LubeDude

Admiral
Here is a link to a hike my son and some of his friends took around the base of mount Hood, some great pictures and scenery. It was a four day trek and around 50 miles. All had blisters but my son had the least of them due to my advice on how to take care of his feet. Anyway, he is the least photographed, blue hat, blue T-shirt, and long tan pants.<br /><br />Large file, so be patient for loading.<br /><br /> Mount Hood Hike

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: My son the Hiker!

Nice pictures. Those backpacks must of been crammed full of adult beverages, LubeDude. That's an awful lot of weight to be pullin up around that mountain. That country sure looks different without snow. I've seen a lot of that territory from ski lifts. Hows come you weren't in em?

Link

Rear Admiral

WOW your son looks about my age! All this time I thought we were about the same in years LubeDude! :D :D

SoulWinner

Commander

That looks like a lot of fun. I haven't done a long march in years, but I could walk forever when I was in the army.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Hows come you weren't in em?
Yes, like I could ever dream of keeping up with those young uns. :eek: My son said it was a real tough trek, a lot of down into canyons and then up the other side. They had to make at least 12 miles a day. The one larger guy in the pictures had a tough time towards the end and wouldnt let anyone take any weight from his pack. He held them up getting back as soon as they wanted to and it ticked everyone off. <br /><br />Yes, there was a large amount of the adult beverages taken in, all the beer was consumed according to him on the first night, then the hard stuff lasted the other three days.<br /><br />My son, Chas, is now 24, Im 56. We waited a while to have kids, then when we decided to it took four years.