My serial number is not in the catalogs!!!!

johnkbl

Cadet
Yes..... I have already checked the sticky post of this forum that has the links to the pages whith the list of serial numbers and years.

The outboard is a Mercury, serial number is 0a994838. It is a 75 hp (dont know if it is 2 or 4 stroke).

Also, I have spent about 3 hours googling the info, but have not been succesfull.

Who can help?

Really Old Guy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: My serial number is not in the catalogs!!!!

My quess is 1986. Drop the O and the rest fits;)

johnkbl

Cadet

Well... well.. I do not think so. I think the outboard was made before 1980. The cowl is like this:

350194136341_0.jpg

The cowl is like a belt. Has some brackets in the back of the engine, and you open it like a book.

Could it be a 1975?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Dukedog nailed it:D It is a 1987 2 stroke 4 cylinder engine. You can go to Mercurypartsexpress.com and enter the serial # with the O (not zero) and pull all the diagrams for your engine..:D

johnkbl

Cadet

Well well... It seems that I have an answer!!!

using the model you gave, I found a store with the parts. The cowl is the same:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mercury/1986/1075726/COWLING AND FRONT COVER/parts.html

yes, it has 4 cylinders...

The parts are here:
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mercury/1986/1075726/parts.html

But...now... the other problem I have is that I called the local parts shop and they do not have this model in their system. I am looking to buy the motor. It looks in very, very good condition but I am affraid that if the shop has no parts, then, if something goes bad, I will have several headaches.

Also, If you google the model number, there is no much information available in Internet.
http://www.google.com.gt/search?hl=es&rlz=1T4GGLL_esGT316GT316&q=mercury+1075726&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Dukedog:
Thanks a lot for the answer. Could you please help me with this other question: Do you know if there is a similar/replacement outboard with a different model number that I can use to get replacement parts in case I need them? Do you know if this model was produced only for a specific area?

The owner is selling me this outboard for about $500.00

What you guys think?

johnkbl

Cadet

Also, forgot to ask:

Where in the outboard is the model number? I only could find the serial number...

Thanks!

Dukedog

Captain

Guess I shoulda spelled "O" sted of dependin' on ma typin' skills :redface:

I can't be of much help on this motor other than lookin' up numbers. I don't do anything but tha V6. Just a performance habit from tha '70's I can't seem ta shake. I'm sure there are people "in tha business" on here that should be able ta answer your ?'s.............D

Fun Times

Staff member

Yes..... I have already checked the sticky post of this forum that has the links to the pages whith the list of serial numbers and years.

The outboard is a Mercury, serial number is 0a994838. It is a 75 hp (dont know if it is 2 or 4 stroke).

Also, I have spent about 3 hours googling the info, but have not been succesfull.

Who can help?
Here is the histoy of your engine, Being a 1986 engine i would say it is a 2 stroke;) Do you need to add oil to the fuel?
Serial Number: Model Number: 1075726
Product
ENG: 0A994838 1075726
Warranty Period: 06/27/1986 - 06/27/1987
Product Protection Period: NONE
Manufacture Date: NONE
Date Type Dealer Information Misc. Information
12/05/1986 WA HS FAIL FAIL: STATOR-IGN/OPEN/SHORT
06/27/1986 REGISTERED EXP : 06/27/1987
06/04/1986 INVOICED ORD : 0000000-000

Hull Id: UNKNOWN Length: 018
Manufacturer: C HAWK Width: UNKNOWN
Nbr of Motors: UNKNOWN Hull Material: FIBERGLASS
Model: UNKNOWN

johnkbl

Cadet

Tried to go to Mercury Parts express to get the diagrams but.... I am located in Guatemala. Got this message:

"Mercury Parts Express is currently only available within the United States, please contact your local Mercury Dealer to order parts. "

fraxinusalba

Recruit

The links for parts you've been given lists a lot of my 1983 Merc parts as being no longer available. However, with the part number and some internet searching, you can find about everything. CDI Electronics and Sierra Marine make a lot of aftermarket parts that are still available even though Mercury doesn't have them. Getting them in Guatemala may be more of a problem than finding them.