My review of Coke C2

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
I just had a couple of cans of Coke C2, and so far, it would be pretty difficult to tell the difference between the real stuff and the C2.<br /><br />Almost nonexsitant (sp) aftertaste.<br /><br />I couldnt drink the diet stuff because of the aftertaste.<br /><br />Just thought I would share.<br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: My review of Coke C2

At least they are keeping the classic stuff around. I went through pretty bad withdrawals in the 80's when they introduced "New Coke" for a year or so. Good thing most everyone complained and they re-introduced "Coke Classic".

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good. Now I cut the calories in my Jack and Coke. Does this mean I can drink twice as much??

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by SLOOPY:<br /> what the heck is "new coke"
You don't remember "New Coke"? It was probably 1984 or 1985 and they came up with a new recipe. It tasted like Pepsi :mad: So they changed everything to the new coke. So many people freaked out that they got rid of the New Coke and re-introduced Coke as Coke Classic.<br /><br />Really, you can't make this stuff up. Glad I didn't hold Coca-Cola stock back then.

sloopy

Commander

I thought Pepsi and Coke were the same thing?

gaugeguy

Captain

Sloopy said:<br />I thought Pepsi and Coke were the same thing?<br /><br />That's why everyone freaked out and wanted the original coke to come back, cause it was just about the same when new coke was around.<br /><br /> http://members.lycos.co.uk/thomassheils/newcoke.htm? <br /><br />Here's a link to the new coke debocle. Not the same, Pepsi will kill you man ;)

oddjob

Commander

No, their way different, coke makes my teeth squeaky...

11 footer

Lieutenant

Its all the same, its just sugar and water.<br /><br />Be man and drink Moxie ;)

rml

Seaman

Second vote for Moxie...Coke C2 is NOT the shizznit. Looks as though they have replaced some of the "sugar" with aspartame (nutrasweet) AND sucralose (splenda) ... two questionably healthly artificial sweeteners ... yet they (Coke) are able to say "half the sugar" than regular coke...perhaps they should add "...but 200% more artificial sweeteners than regular coke!" That'll be a big selling point ;) <br /><br /> --rml

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Wife brought home some C2 this afternoon and I'll have to agree it wasn't half bad. I can't stand the taste of diet coke, but this tasted more like real coke with no aftertaste. Not Just Like It, but closer to it. If you can't drink regular coke because of the sugar, you may want to give it a try.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I generally complain about the artificial sweetners to my wife, who uses them quite often. I just don't understand how she can put that stuff in her body. I do like the empty packages though, I can spit my snuff in it and fold it over to dispose of it. They are also good to wet and roll the cigs cherry in to put it out.

mattttt25

Commander

i saw the stats on coke, diet coke, and c2- calories, sodium, etc. it's pretty easy to see what they did - <br /><br />half regular coke + half diet coke = c2

ebbtide176

Commander

i don't know about everyone else, but i felt that they never got the orig coca-cola taste back, when they came up with coke-classic. it seemed like they tainted the eqmt when they mixed up the 'new coke' back then... :D

aspeck

Staff member

Being in Ghana I have become a "Coke" connoisseur. It is interesting how many different formulas they have. South African Coke is the closet to American Coke, and Saudi Coke is just plane nasty! English Coke is close, but not quite American. Morrocan Coke isn't too bad either.<br /><br />Diet Coke is preferred by this consumer- regular Coke is too sweet - and don't even try to offer me Pepsi!<br /><br />No, Pepsi and Coke are not the same. Shucks, Coke is not the same in the different countries!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Aspeck I know what you mean. Living in Thailand, you had to get the right brew. Some of it was terrible!!! SIngapore vs Thai vs Malyasia. I cant remember which was the best. None of it as good as the USA brew.<br /><br />One of my best finds ever was a made in USA 6 pack of Dr Pepper in China. You cant find it anywhere in Asia.<br /><br />Ken

11 footer

Lieutenant

In the virgen islands coke tasted sweeter then it does here.