My response to ebay scammer

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
His question<br />*****************************<br />man_on_tain0087 is a potential buyer. <br /> <br />hello, i dont know how you will feel pertaining to ordering of this item due to what the internt has turne to, i am kelly, i reside in us and i wish to get this item for a daugther of mine in canada, i wish you ship this item to her as soon as you have your money in your account. i prefer paying you through a check which is really and you are expected to ship this item to her as soon as you have the check clear and the money in your account for this reason i wish to have the followings from you. i wish to bid for $350 for this item. <br />name, contact address, city , state, zipcode and country if possible phone number. thanks <br />kelly<br /><br />***********************<br />My response<br />**********************<br />Name : Stu Pidass <br />Address : 100 IamanIdiot Road <br />City: Stupidville <br />State: Stupid <br />Zipcode: 123456 <br />Country: Moronia<br />************************<br /><br />I guess Stu should be looking for his 350 dollar check that is "really". :D :D <br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My response to ebay scammer

I don't know, he is offering to have you deposit the check and wait until it clears before shipping. The scams I have investigated have all been requests to cash the check at a check cashing store, not a bank, ship immediately, and send back the change from the check which will be way over the expected dollar amount. <br />Get a P.O. box and take his check, call the bank the check is from and see if it is good. Wait 10 days to ship and see what works out.<br />Clever response though, good thinking. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Do a search of the member name on ebay, there are four names that are similar, all with no feedback, all from Singapore.<br /><br />Too many names and countries make me highly suspicious, plus, why dont they just bid normally?<br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Oh, singapore....makes sense now. <br />That is one country that is big for internet scammers,they don't work with the U.S. government in criminal acts. Nigeria is one of the other big ones to watch for. <br /><br />Internet cons are a billion dollar industry in those countries.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good move. I think we should form an ebay scammer posse.....hunt them down and perhaps hang-em high!<br /><br />Bob

SoulWinner

Commander

Very cool Ken. Wish everyone was sensible enough to respond to these guys just like you did.