My own flood "bowl" story

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
I did a search on the net and found the neatest story about when my house was flooded. <br /><br /> http://www.rice.edu/~lda/wet/bwood/bowl/bowl1.htm <br /><br />I was 3 yrs old and remember being carried out by my dad and placed on the national guard truck.<br /><br />Luckily it was a rent house, and we had placed all the furniture up high the night before.<br /><br />The storm tricked us cause it headed off into the gulf during the day, but then headed back to land in the middle of the night. Everyone was caught off guard. Luckily no one was hurt.<br /><br />
track.gif
<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander
Re: My own flood "bowl" story

Is it me -- or did that thing do a loopty-loop as it came ashore?<br /><br />Funky!<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Yep, that is why you can never trust these things, they do weird stuff.<br /><br />Ophelia was one of the wierdest I have ever seen. It did 3 or 4 loops.<br /><br />Ken

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

KIZ<br /> yep had me very nervous. after it blows northeast, and for the 9 days or so before it closed in it had blown north east, it tends to move all the sound water to the west end of the albermarle and our sounds water gets replaced by ocean water. while ocean water is a pretty clear blue if the wind suddenly shifts to the SW or west we get 8 ft of water here rather quickly. got lucky and never saw any west winds even though they had been forcast at 40-60 MPH.<br /> was a wild one to attempt to forcast or track.<br /> but it missed and I aint complaining