My new transom is in!

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So.. my hands are sticky and theres a little epoxy in my hair (dont know how that happened....), but its in!<br />
newtransom.JPG
<br /><br />I learned a lot about fiberglass as this was my first real project with it. I dont think that thing is going to rot again. I did have one problem though: when I tried to fit the deck back on this morning, it didnt fit. I guess I should have beveled the edges of the transom. I ended up cutting relief cuts on either side of the splashwell and re glassing.<br /><br />Next is the foam and floor. I am waiting for the re-glassed part of the transom to dry, then I will do some more grinding (arrrghhh I hate that stuff) and then pour foam. hopefully, I will have the floor down tomorrow. Anyway, I ave a question about the 2 part foam: Is temperature an issue when working with it?<br /><br />Anyway, thanks for advice (Im expecting more too ;) ), and Ill keep taking pictures and posting.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: My new transom is in!

Looking good Vegard.. Ain't that grinding and sanding fun! :D <br /><br />With the foam, temp is a minor issue.. On a hot day (like 90) the foam will expand a bit more, less on a cool day (like 70).. Basicly, if you want the foam go a little farther, do the job when it's warm...

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Ahhhh....nothing like that New Transom smell. The beauty of your pain and suffering is you will not have to wonder what the real condition of your structure is. Good job, post more pics as you go...

Link

Rear Admiral

"Ahhhh....nothing like that New Transom smell."<br />Jason, your one sick puppy! :D :D <br />vegard:<br />I agree with snapperbait and Jason, it looks great but to tell ya the truth. I'm starting to itch all over just from looking at it! :) <br /><br />Link