MY NEW TO ME 1959 G-3 Glass

00303_iUXZXaKwIhH_600x450.jpg00X0X_bD7HkCyuRVS_50x50c.jpg00s0s_6zGy5oJvWHe_600x450.jpg01414_lpGWm6QCX8L_600x450.jpg00D0D_dySeZ7mziC5_50x50c.jpgHere's the before pics :eek:
OK, it was free the guy just want me to fix it up and send pics! :facepalm: What have I done? Well, I've seen worse it was burning at the time! LOL Good Points are the original windshield, the factory ski-pole looks unused. At least I'm hope it was from the factory. I'm in Texas yeah the worst state to lose a title. Luckily she was titled and registered in Oklahoma back in 1993. So if I get luck and can title her in OK then transfer her here, then work will begin.
Lucky is a good name for her thinking Fighting Lady Yellow, Black tent the chrome, windshield, Anodizing the polished aluminum. 50-75 horse Merc will do nicely! A big Green Shamrock on the bow deck. :rolleyes: Getting carried away!
Have a good evenin!

Last edited:

Willyclay

Captain
Re: MY NEW TO ME 1959 G-3 Glass

It does not appear that you have been properly welcomed onto the iboats.com forum! Let me be the first and also say that I am astounded that another Glasspar G3 has been found. I thought they had all been recovered long ago. Congratulations on acquiring one of the most iconic fiberglass boats of that era. I know you will do it proud by your efforts. Good luck!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

Great lines on it. A little soap and water will do it wonders.

Thxs, for the welcome Wally.
Lucky will look great with a new everything LOL.
I hope I can get a Title. I should apply for a homemade vessel title. She isn't water worthy without reworking stringer, floor, transom, and fixing two huge impact cracks in the keel. I just wonder?
Anyone have any experience with TPWD trying to get a new title for a refurbish like this.

southkogs

Staff member

Great lookin' boat. It'll be fantastic when you get done with it.

There are several guys from Texas around, someone should be able to comment on the title.

Welcome aboard.