My new gun

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
I bought a new Ruger P-345 about a month ago. I have so far shot about 300 rounds through it with no failures of any sort. This is the sweetest shooting .45 I've ever shot. Even with it's light weight (comparatively) it has minimal recoil. The more I shoot it the more I like it.

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: My new gun

Congrats<br /><br />I've had my Ruger P-97DC for a couple of years now. Love the piece. Must have thrown around 4000 rounds through it with the only problems coming from using that cheap *** russian steel case ammo. Keep it clean and oiled and it won't let you down.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I have had my glock 17 for some time now. The only issue I have is with cheap ammo. The shotgun pushes anything through it, so far no problems there.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I've heard lots of bad things about the Russian ammo. I shoot lots of Wolf ammo in my SKS but haven't ever used it in any of my handguns. It's dirty stuff....man. I'm gonna have to learn to reload .45 cuz I can see that I will shoot up a lot of it. Not as cheap as 9mm at WallyWorld.

SoulWinner

Commander

Many moons ago a friend of mine got a Rueger P-90 .45 that I really loved. It was the most accurate "out of the box" pistol I ever fired. Recoil was minimal. The only downside to the gun was it's considerable size. At the time we were doing a lot of P.I./survielance work and carried concealed all the time. That thing was huge and heavy and got uncomfortable real quick. That is why he switched to a custom long slide .45. It is much narrower and lighter and more easily concealed. I carry a Taurus 9mm which is close in size to the P-90, but a bit lighter. For the difference in knock-down power, I reckon the P-90 would be better, and the long slide better still. Maybe I'll just get a Desert Eagle .44 or a S&W 600 and trump everything.....

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> I carry a Taurus 9mm which is close in size to the P-90, but a bit lighter. For the difference in knock-down power, I reckon the P-90 would be better, and the long slide better still. Maybe I'll just get a Desert Eagle .44 or a S&W 600 and trump everything.....
Stick with the 9mm for urban defense. You don't want the 44 blasting through walls and killing a loved one, when you were only trying to hit an intruder.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I carry a 9mm daily but I want to get a good holster for the Ruger P-345. The 345 is quite a bit smaller than the P 90 and P 97 but it still isn't a compact. Actually "knockdown power" is secondary to being able to control your weapon and place your shots well. A good hit from a 9mm is much better than a miss from a .44. Carry what you are proficient with and can shoot comfortably and consistantly.