My New Boat!! (pic)

ksims1868

Cadet
I did it...I shifted from center console fishing boats over to sport-class cruisers. Now it's not the biggest or newest boat on the water...that's for SURE, but I think I got a great deal. It runs like a top, and REALLY moves!! I feel like I'm learning how to captain a boat all over again it feels so different from my C/C boats I've owned the last few years.

She's a 1989 Scarab Excel. Mercruiser 350 (mostly stock) with 320 hours on it total. Boat is originally from Arkansas and spent the last few years in Dallas...freshwater ONLY!!

I was a proud new owner cruising in my local area this weekend. Can't wait to get her back out on the water. So happy I took a day off tomorrow just to get her back out in the water on Monday when the lake should be like GLASS (weather permitting).

Let me know what you think...
It is the original paint (1989) and interior and there aren't any major flaws. Sure it has the typical dings here and there (it is 20 years old), but still a very presentable boat. I hope I can enjoy her for years without major issues...but only time (and my maintenance) will tell.

319447715.jpg

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My New Boat!! (pic)

THE MAN WITH THE MOST TOYS WHEN HE DIES WINS!

Maybe - but still dead. :eek:

2kwik4u

Seaman Apprentice

Thats a cool looking boat.

I was waiting at the dock the other day and a HUGE Fountain came in to be put back on the trailer while I was there. The owners were super cool and talked to me for a few minutes. Defiantely something I think I could enjoy if I had the cashola for it.

Any shots of the interior? I'm always curious whats under the front end of those boats!

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

photo

You've just joined a very exclusive club my friend.
I've had mine for 2 years,and before that i had a 32'...and before that a 26 NOVA, Now all you need to do is join APBA,
Congrats!!!!

danm2a2

Cadet

Very nice boat!!!! Top it out and post the speed for me. Looks like a ton of fun, congrats.

ksims1868

Cadet

Thanks everyone. I went and put it up in storage today. She will always be kept in fully enclosed storage. It's obvious the previous owner didn't let her sit out in the weather...and neither will I!! Even though I loved having it sit in front of the house. It's a great conversation starter.

As for in the cabin...not much in there. There is definitely "room for 2" :) Mainly just a bunch of removable cushions on the floor and a cooler/storage under the cushion by the door. I'll toss in some black/white throw-pillows for the chickies to enjoy eventually I'm sure.

I'll take some pics when I get it out again next weekend.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice looking boat. I'll bet it is a big change from the CC. Where do you put the rocket launchers?

Andy in NY

Commander

I was showing this to my wife last night, telling her that is what I want for fathers day. Something tells me I'm not gonna get it... :redface:

Seriously, when I win the lottery I'm buying a 40' Fountain.

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice! That thing looks huge. How long is it? I vote for more pics please.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

nice boat, got an oiler tanker to follow you, for refills?

External Combustion

Chief Petty Officer

Any boat that gets you on the water is a good boat. Any boat that you own is a better boat! Many happy hours of cruising. No one needs to know it's history, just it's present and I would say presently you have one fine ride on the water.;)

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class

From a CC (fishing boat) to this? Once fish hit the carpet, the smell will be hard to get rid of:).

My SCARAB is about 5' long, radio controlled and does about 55 mph.

Nice boat, congrats.