My New Boat: 27' Excalibur (the REAL Excalibur) Speedster

ksims1868

Cadet
I sold my 22' Scarab recently and picked up a truly classic flat-deck speed boat to play with. This is my "new" 1980 27' Excalibur Speedster. Not much left from 1980 other than the hull.
Engine is brand new 502 with upgraded cam, carb, exhaust, intake, rockers, etc...
Interior is fairly new (2 yrs ago)
Steering system is fully rebuilt/new
She needs some more cosmetic work - looks better in pics than in person
There are blemishes, gel cracks, etc... on the hull, but I'll take care of that in time

Can't wait to get her in the water once the weather warms up here in the Houston area. She's long and skinny and pushing close to 500hp (maybe more). Can't wait to see what she'll do. I'm guessing high 70s...MAYBE 80 mph on a super flat day with a tail-wind. Either way...should be FUN!!

It's very low-slung and truly a surviving example of the small flat-deck race boats of the 70s and 80s.

Attachments

• 1980 Excalibur-2.jpg
    1980 Excalibur-2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 502 in progress.jpg
    502 in progress.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1980 Excalibur captains station.jpg
    1980 Excalibur captains station.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: My New Boat: 27' Excalibur (the REAL Excalibur) Speedster

Are you going to mount a trolling motor on it?

Wow, man you have to put up a vid when you take it out....looks like crazy fun. Drive safe!

ksims1868

Cadet

Haha...probably no trolling motor, but there will be fishing poles stored in the cabin as my daughter (5 yrs old) loves to fish with me when we get out on the water. We caught fish out of the Scarab also.

Jeep Man

Commander

Nice ride. Enjoy it to the fullest. It's also great for catching really fast fish.:D

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice looking boat.

cribber

Lieutenant

Gotta agree that is one sweet looking boat hope you enjoy many seasons on her!!!

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Super-sweet machine. I agree - post vids asap!

(I bet if you fair in those docking lights with some clear lexan you'll get another 5 mph out of her. :D )

TBONE59

Cadet

sick boat enjoy it. just as an fyi its less incriminating when u take to bodies out before the pics are taken :p

27speedster

Recruit

Nice ride! I just got lucky my self and picked up an 1980 27 as well on tuesday. My interior needs work. I'd love to see some more pics of your interior if possible. I really like your dash setup. It's hard to find pics of nice excalibur's. I'm trying to get some ideas. Thanks