My Mother turned 90!

LubeDude

Admiral
My mother had her 90th birthday yesterday, she refused a party and said she wouldnt go and it would be a boring party without her. They came to the coast and we spent the afternoon with them and had dinner. She is as sharp as a tack and gets around pretty well with a walker. She is a complete joy to be around and has a sence of humor bar none. She is soooo funny and she dosent try to be. Im so fortunate to still have her around. My step dad is 82 and is doing well also, still drives and is in good basic health.

D

DJ

Re: My Mother turned 90!

Wonderful.<br /><br />I enjoy older folks. They know so much. You know, the whole been there done that thing.

Xcusme

Commander

That's nice to hear!. My mother passed 2 days before the terrorist attack., Sept 9th. She too was a grand lady. I was flabergasted to learn that she welded battle ship bulk heads during WWII. The older folks have a wealth of stories to tell and sound advice. God bless your mom and your family too, you're truly a lucky man.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

WOW! .. Happy Birthday to your mother LD.<br /><br />Good to hear she's sharp as a tack and has a little spunk in her yet!

LubeDude

Admiral

Something else that is a real blessing for me is that they still live in the same house that my real dad built in 1950 when I was only 2. (He passed of cancer when I was only 4 and he was about 48), <br /><br /> She wont let my step dad buy a new car,(He has been wanting to for about 4 years), she says she is going to be bearied in the old one in the back yard. :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

Thats great lube. my grampa was was 92 when he passed and sharp right up to the end. him and i were fishing in june and he died in august. hope my mind is in half as good a shape as that if i reach that age, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mother.

ndemge

Commander

awsome LD<br /><br />my grandma didn't quit driving till she was 92. I cut her grass, was about 12 at the time, when I was out there cutting , in her mid 90's she'd be out there sweeping and still doing yard work.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Wow, my mom turns 88 in June. That is awesome in light of all the ailments out there that can get to you. Best Wishes to you mom.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's great LD. Those wise ones sure are a blessing. Enjoy yours.<br />Bassy