My McKee

mthieme

Captain
Thought I put a little life in this forum and post my McKee picks.
It's loaded up and ready for crabbing for the next two days.
Gotta stock the freezer for winter.

Attachments

• ShockWave1.JPG
    ShockWave1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • Shockwave3.JPG
    Shockwave3.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Shockwave2.JPG
    Shockwave2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 0

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My McKee

How was the crabbing? We are on the South River/Selby bay.

I heard that McKee Craft just shuttered their doors this week.

I've posted mine recently. Mine is from the late Henry O McKee. It is really a nice little boat and I like the layout even better than similar size whalers. I'd spent a fair amount of time looking for something in the 15-16' range this past year.

Lately been busy fixing the trailer and stripping bottom paint. I got hung on a broken bunk and couldn't float it off at our shallow ramp last time out. Since I had the boat off working on the trailer, I decided to strip the rough bottom paint- that was more to chew off than I expected.

mthieme

Captain

The crabs are jumping in the boat still. I'll be out again this coming Monday for another bushel.

I read some boat manufacturers including Brunswick are having some serious problems right now.

I had been looking for a 13' Whaler for a couple years until this came along. I found it on Craigs List for $400. I had to put a couple hundred in the motor, but I think I'm still ahead of the game. I've added a bilge pump, and have side rails and a bimini to install after I pull her for the season. I'm glad I ended up with this instead of the slightly smaller whaler. This will eventually go to my grandson - he's 9 y.o. now. And I'm going to shoot for a 15' Whaler Sport afterwards.

My trailer is a real p.o.s. ... another project...just needs some reinforcement and a little time with the welder.

Afishhunter

Recruit

I have a 14' kckee just like that, I had a 75hp Stinger on it, Way too much motor, but i stuck a little 25hp on it make the perfect bay fisher.

Nice to see another one like mine, they are bullet proof