My last week project, Re-did the living room..

ndemge

Commander
Took the week between xmas and new years off, and this is what I did:<br /><br />Wife picked out the paint/border/floor and 4 days later this is what we had <br /><br />
livingroomvefire4pz.jpg
<br />
lrafter3zl.jpg

KaGee

Admiral
Re: My last week project, Re-did the living room..

Hardwood floor or laminate??

ob

Admiral

:confused:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Nice paint work. Floating floor?

ndemge

Commander

just edited with a before pic, and sized it down a bit.<br /><br />$2.00 a sq ft laminate floating floor, 20 year warranty stuff, has the foam backing already attached to the back. (usually $.25 a foot for the foam)<br /><br />My wife picked out the colors.<br /><br />think I need to take a picture with the worm wripper running across the new floor in the same spot :)

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

My wife was "preparing" me that she wanted a similar floor put down. I like it. Was it pretty easy to install?<br /><br />Did you find any online installation plans?<br /><br />It looks good by the way.

ob

Admiral

Hey .It looks good now.My puter was giving me something at first that looked like a Picasso on acid.Very nice work.I"m also the interior decorator at our home.Is that a niche I'm seeing to the right of the window or a pic?If so ,I just completed a couple of those a month or so ago.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nice job! I got a basement you can finish for me :D

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, add the worm ripper, that wa we know he didn't go with the remodel!

ndemge

Commander

ob : "is that a niche I'm seeing to the right of the window " <br /><br />ehwha? "niche" ..had to go to webster.com for that one, so the answer is no, it's just 4 pictures hung on the wall. I got a can of spray paint, painted the return air vent, picture frames, and the door frame outside of the picture all to match.<br /><br />JamesCoste:<br />this is the first floor I have EVER put down, it is not difficult if you take your time. You need the install "kit" they sell, it's a tamping block with the grooves in the right spot not to break stuff, and a pull bar you hammer the last piece in a row to.<br /><br />I went to the library and got a "hometime" video on the instalation, watched the 5 minute video and it showed me everything I needed to know, you have to see someone do the technique for it to make sense on how to install.<br /><br />The tricky part is the END of the room, as you have to hinge the stuff to install it, notch around door frames and slide under, gets a bit tricky figuring out the puzzle, but anything is possible.<br /><br />When i got to the end of the hallway, I had the last 1' to go, couldn't figure out how to make it work, went to bed, laid there for an hour, figure out how to slide the pieces to gether and then went to bed

FSHKPR

Ensign

looks great nmedge. i am on way down to my dads right now to put one in his dining room kitchen area. have done them before its fairly easy. just snap and go and they look great!

SoulWinner

Commander

ndemge,<br /><br />Man, I love those colors. That looks great! We jsu re-did the master bath inour house. I put in tile floor, man that really sucked! But it turned out real nice.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Nice job Ndemge.. You any good with stucco? LOL.. Looks GREAT!.. :) <br /><br />I did the laminate floor back when ya had to glue the edges, and not just in one room.. Kitchen, dining room, living room, inside two closets, and the hall.. Then, a couple weeks later I seen the snap together stuff.. :mad:

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Nice job Ndemge.. You any good with stucco? LOL.. Looks GREAT!.. :) <br /><br />I did the laminate floor back when ya had to glue the edges, and not just in one room.. Kitchen, dining room, living room, inside two closets, and the hall.. Then, a couple weeks later I seen the snap together stuff.. :mad:
LOL<br />Did the same thing. Fishing partner found a outlet where we got it for 00.98 per foot. Next week we found the snap together stuff :( Would have been worth the extra buck per foot for such a small room!<br /><br />Nice job ndemge