My Lab is on the DL

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
NYM,<br />Never seen it in a dog that age before. Have seen "pulls & strains" in growing dogs. Have 3 dogs of our own, all working breed, vary active. They run, swim and chase any thing that runs. Have had them "come back limping" from extended chases but always walked out of it in a short time.<br />Best of luck with her.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My Lab is on the DL

That prednezone works wonders, make sure that she has access to lots of drinking water, she will also pee small rivers and put on a lot of weight real fast, so watch her diet as well, i'm glad to hear that she is recovering nicely, good luck :)

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

NYM, best wishes for your Lab from us (Gerda, Frank & Droopy the Cocker)!!! Them da*n doggies go and go and go till they drop , don't they. Have to put the brake on yourself now and then!

NYMINUTE

Captain
My Lab is on the DL

My 4 year old Lab has twisted her back. Never thought this could happen to a dog. Very Athletic, and strong. She couldn't get up very well, and walked in pain. The vet did an MRI, and put her on Steroids! Pretezone. Glad to say she is recovering, and is a bit more mobile. Have any of you dog owners ever had your experience this? She actually will have to rehab. No exertion for 2 weeks. My Dane is acting like her nurse! Too bad people were not that sensitive. :(

salty87

Commander

i had a lab twist her back one time...trying to scratch. she was allergic to just about everything, including grass.<br /><br />steroids did the trick, follow the directions obviously and don't stop the pills early.<br /><br />ah, the joys of vet bills.

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope your lab gets better. My Black Lab said to tell her "woof".<br />I guess that means something to a dog.<br />anyway,<br />Later

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thanks i-boaters. I know my puppy (age 4) is not weird. Well, at least not that way. :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

@ 80-90lbs -I assume-<br /><br />In Tumbler, mix:<br />1- shot whiskey<br />2- ice cubes<br />1/2 cup water <br /><br />1 250mg regular asprin<br /><br />both - twice a day ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> @ 80-90lbs -I assume-<br /><br />In Tumbler, mix:<br />1- shot whiskey<br />2- ice cubes<br />1/2 cup water <br /><br />1 250mg regular asprin<br /><br />both - twice a day ;)
Whoa Barlow adjusted whiskey for weight difference and I feel better already! ;)

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nyminute,<br />I'm a cop and was a k9 handler for 5 years or so. <br />Find a chiropractor that will work on a dog, he can help the lab get back on his feet.<br />My K9 had bad hips and a chiropractor can help to line him back up.<br /><br />Triggerr

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Link:<br />
Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> @ 80-90lbs -I assume-<br /><br />In Tumbler, mix:<br />1- shot whiskey<br />2- ice cubes<br />1/2 cup water <br /><br />1 250mg regular asprin<br /><br />both - twice a day ;)
Whoa Barlow adjusted whiskey for weight difference and I feel better already! ;)
Originally posted by fireman57:<br /> You mean for NYM to have this 2x a day.
whatever works :D <br /><br />but seriously.. our old farm vet gave this advice to me some time ago for my hunting dogs. Whiskey acts as a muscle relaxer and a regular asprin for twinges of pain and aches.<br /><br />I forgot to list that you should message his back<br />and legs too.. similar to the chiropractor that Trigger listed above. Their muscles (like humans) knot up and get sore.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thanks for the drink recipe. She barks at me to play with her while she is laying down now. Tug of War with her rope, while resting. Now I think she is milking it. Mmmmm Dogs are dumb? Have we ever seen a dog get up and go to work, pay a mortgage or utility bill? Who is really dumb here?<br /><br />She has responded well to the med's. Still slow standing up, but walking much better. You guys are great. Thanx

fireman57

Captain

Dog on steroids. How many home runs will she hit this year?