My Jet Dock

captjjb1

Recruit
IMG_0395-1.jpg

Does this jet Dock system work ?
This is what happened to my face when a Pulley split on my jet dock system .
A couple more inches and I could have been Blind in one eye.
IMG_0540.jpg

We had to use my 36 foot diesel powered boat to get the other off because barnacles had grown on the middle bottom of my boat and to the top of the jet dock. I have since had the boat hauled and the Barnacles removed from my what was brand new boat. I am now paying for the jet dock to be stored, hoping jet dock will come and get it.
barnacles2.jpg

You can see where the Barnacles had grown on Top of the jet dock.
This dock was sold to me for this boat !!

barnacles.jpg

Bottom of my brand new boat after left on the Jet dock sold to me !!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: My Jet Dock

I hear them things are a hazard in Florida. Barnacles I mean.
You are lucky it wasn't a hair higher on your face.

ziggy

Admiral

glad yer alright man. that's a darn ugly cut......i can sympithize with ya some. when i was a kid. our pully broke while hauling a pontoon boat....snap like a rifle shot.......got real lucky....the pully piece hit the tree right by the winch we had fixed to the tree......a hand crank winch.......like ya say a few inches one way or the other......the size of the chuck out of the tree.....well. it probably woulda killed a person....least ripped them to shreds......not funny at all...

so is one of them boats a jet? the one on the right? if so, mighty cool. never seen a fishin rig with jet power...... corse i don't see any boats like that period here in nebraska.......:rolleyes:

welcome to 'the' forum man....... get well soon.....

tashasdaddy

the boat should have had bottom paint in salt water. the jet docks are design for boats that are used quite often, that boat look like it sat for weeks with out use.

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

The house down the way on our fresh water lake has one. Their boat is about a 18-20 foot runabout. They are generally using it every weekend and appears to work fine for them.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,..........

I don't see any problems with the Dock,..........

Just a Problem with Barnacles.............

But,.....
Nothing some Bottom Paint won't Fix.............

captjjb1

Recruit

the entire idea of the dock is so you dont have to paint the bottom.

I purchased the dock for that boat and it does not work for it caused damage to my face and my new boat.

if I had put in a regular lift like I have now my boat and face would still be fine.

The problem is I asked the manufacture to come get it and just pay for the dock and my doctors bills with no money for any time spent working on the dock and they refused to back up the product:eek:

tashasdaddy

reading the owners manual,

bottom paint pertains to painting the dock, and not the boat.

10. Bottom Paints. JDSI does not recommend the use of anti-fouling
paints or agents. Marine growth will not harm the Dock and will only
appear on areas chronically below the water.0.

6. Damage to Craft. JDSI cannot supervise the use and operation of the customer’s
craft in the waterways or while driving on the dock. JDSI also cannot
control inconsistencies and inadequacies of watercraft hull integrity.
Therefore, customer agrees that JDSI is not responsible for abrasions,
damage or chipping to craft hull due to improper operation, due to failure
to keep dock clean of dirt, sand, debris, or any other reason.

i don't see where you have a leg to stand on. your boat should have been bottom painted, and you should have keep the dock clean.

i have no affiliation to Jets Docks, just call it as i see it.

i actually call it "neglect"

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

It looks that by design a small area of the boat must be wet or the outboard will not have the leg submerged enough to have the prop in the water, and to have the water pump submerged so as not to fry the impeller when starting. So by design, there will be a wet area and therefor some barnicals.

I don't know why a pulley is used when you power on and power off. At least they don't show a pulley in their video.

Bottom line: If you think you have a claim against Jet Dock, talk to an attorney.

Have you done that? What did they say?

Glad your eye was spared!