My "Hydrilla Gorilla" Jon Boat is finished!!

billbro68

Cadet
Hey all,<br /><br />Thought I'd show you a pic of my rig.<br />Just finished it. Thanks for telling<br />me about the Hydrilla Gorilla book.<br /><br />Billbro
billbro.jpg

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: My "Hydrilla Gorilla" Jon Boat is finished!!

Nice ride :cool: <br /><br />That Merc you've got in there looks great for a motor of that age. Have fun with it. :) .

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I love a decked out jon boat, and that one looks like a dandy..<br /><br />Looks great.. :)

billbro68

Cadet

Ryan, The Merc is a '71 model. Runs and looks like new. Wouldn't be ashamed to put it on a brand new boat. My buddy is a marine engine instructor at the local junior college and he and his students keep it up for me. I worked hard on my little boat this winter and kinda proud of the results. Not too shabby for a 70 year old dude with arthritis. Billbro

billbro68

Cadet

SNAPPER , THANX FOR THE COMPLIMENT. I THINK I REMEMBER A PAST POST WHERE YOU SAID YOU USED TO HAVE A JON THAT YOU WISH YOU HADN'T SOLD (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT). THIS FORUM REALLY HELPED ME OUT A LOT. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT I WAS DOING AND HAD TO ASK MANY TIMES FOR ASSISTANCE. A GREAT BUNCH OF FOLKS ON THIS FORUM. i MADE MISTAKES BUT LEARNED FROM THEM. NEXT ONE WILL BE EASIER. BILLBRO

AcousticTX

Cadet

Thats great lookin! I have been looking at the Hydrilla Gorilla book for over a year. I built something to the effect of a hydrilla gorilla canoe. It has a motor, real seats, real lights, a fishfinder, and a mount for my hand held gps. Its kinda funny lookin and gets alot of stares at the lake, maybe one day ill take a picture.<br /><br />-AcousticTX

JAZZedBW

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wonderful pic. She's a real ship! :D <br /><br />JAZZ ;)

D

DJ

NICE JOB! You can be proud of that.<br /><br />Great work!!

NathanY

Commander

Can you send me some pics of the inside of that boat? I am looking for some ideas for my boat. That boat looks great.

crab bait

Captain

love the cammo..!! YEAH,,, one pic ain't enuff.. it's just a tease..

boatless88240

Recruit

real nice set up!!! is it tiller steered? im trying to figure a way to set up a remote steering and throotle on mine