my good memories before the world changed on sept 11

tommays

Admiral
f25dc541.jpg
<br /><br />what can you really say there 17 and 20 now and i have to wonder if we will ever be at peace again<br /><br /><br />tommays

KRS

Banned
Re: my good memories before the world changed on sept 11

I see what you mean... but I'm struggling to think of a single decade when our freedom hasn't been the target of a foreign government or terrorist movement. I'm afraid that we've always been at war or on the verge of war.... just now it's MUCH closer to home.

KRS

Banned

I know it's a bit of a stretch..... but:<br /><br />Do you recall the movie made in the 80's, titled "Red Dawn". The premise is that USSR invades America and a group of kids and adults in Colorado? start a revolution to save America... and in true Hollywood fashion with explosions and the like, they save America (read: The World).<br /><br />I am afraid this may be the fate of our posterity. The US is no longer on invincible soil.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

We just finally caught up with what the rest of the world has been in. Or better we were drug into it. <br /><br />War and terrorism has been the way of life for most countries for many years. We have been fortunate not to have it on our doorsteps to this degree.