My daughters huge fish.-UPDATED WITH PICS!

Kenneth Brown

Captain
My daughter (9yo) was fishing today in my inlaws pond. She caught a 9 pound bass. The thing was 29" long and 5" wide across the back. HUGE! She was using a cheapo Shakespere rod and reel with 8 pound l;ine and a cheapo H&H single blade yellow spinner. As soon as I get the pics I'll put them on here.<br /><br />Here she is-<br />
TYfish3.jpg
<br /><br /><br />To see the other pics including grampa putting it back see: Ty's fishing day

NathanY

Commander
Re: My daughters huge fish.-UPDATED WITH PICS!

Good Job!!! :) She will remember that the rest of her life!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

HOLY SMOKES!!! :eek: She's luckey it did'nt pull her in... :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Ohhhhhh, that is so wrong!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Thats awesome Ken!! <br /><br />hurry up with the pics!<br /><br />bet her dad was a bit suprized!!<br /><br />"DAD!.. I GOT ONE!!" :eek:

Realgun

Commander

Wow thats faily large but I bet he will not tell us where this here pond is. :) <br /><br />My Little girl just turned 9 see needs a fish like that or any fish for that matter.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A nine-pound bass! Kenneth, when I was nine, anybody caught a five-pounder it was going on the wall.<br /><br />The old H&H will never die. first lure I ever used, may well be the last!<br /><br />Son, I just can't get over that. I want to see pictures!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Catch and release, or WALL-HANGER !!! ?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wow :) <br /> thats what its all about. <br /> she will always remember it.<br /> the first time I took my daughter striper fishing, drifting live eels, she kept asking how will I know if I get a bite. she had always used a bobber before. I told her you will know just dont lose my pole:).<br /> her first was 27 pounds and took about 40 min to get in. was a great night :)

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Man... largest bass I ever caught was 7.5lbs. Ask you daughter if I can go fishing with her. I'll bring the Kool Aid and cookies.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I love it, the kids always have all the luck.<br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats to the little girl with the big fish! Just love it when kids outfish the parents - that is the way it should be!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Congrats to the little girl with the big fish! Just love it when kids outfish the parents - that is the way it should be!
I'm taking my 3 kids and wife bream fishing Sunday afternoon. I won't fish much, if at all. I'll be controlling the trolling motor, putting crickets on the hook, and unhooking fish and putting them in the cooler. My 10-year-old son is actually good at helping as is my wife. I'll take lots of pictures.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I HATE to say it but it was catch and release. It really sucks because they have put the house up for sale. It looks like we we'll be fishing hard for the next month or so trying to get it back. This pound has 30 pound pet catfish that get hand feed everyday. You hold the food in your hand and they take it from you. We measured it and have several pictures (if they develop, please Lord) so a reproduction shouldn't be hard. Her birthday is in August so I was planning on giving it to her then. The thing that amazes me most about this is not 3 months ago she wanted to be the president of PETA! She sure has changed. Liked fishing when small, hated it, and now she loves it again.

Link

Rear Admiral

Thats it. I'm moving to Texas! :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's fantastic! Go girl!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I had to move it back up so the pics could be seen, proud dad and all ya know :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

thats awesome Ken!.. strictly awesome!!<br /><br />I'm truely happy for all involed with that one!<br /><br />I'm saving that picture to send to my brother.. he'll flip his lid for sure!! :) <br /><br /><br />"Cast over there dad ... thats where the big one will be.. " ;)