MY DAD PASSED AWAY.........

jim tee top

Cadet
SORRY MY CAP BUTTON IS STUCK................HI GUYS MY DAD DIED LAST NIGHT.......VERY AWFUL FEELING.........THANKS FOR YOUR TOUGHTS..................JIM.......ARCTEKMARINE :( :( :( :(

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: MY DAD PASSED AWAY.........

Sorry to hear. Unfortunatly we will all have to go through that at some point in out lives. My real Dad passed when I was only three, He had just completed building a new house. I have had a step Dad since I was seven. My mom is 89 and in good heealth so far, but Im going to be a wreck when she passes. Our Prayers are with you.

Schmoe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Feeling your pain. My Dad passed on 12/3 last year. I still feel it although it has gotten better. Going to take time, no two ways about it. Just be prepared and "dig in" for the long haul. Read this, this really helped me. I carried it with me for a few months. Brings back tears re-typing it but YOU WILL GET BETTER, YOU WILL MOVE ON.<br /> Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away in to the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

scott begovich

Seaman Apprentice

So Sorry,My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

delta breeze

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Jim,<br /> Sorry to hear about your father.We will all go through what you are going through at some time.My father passed when I was 14.The only one that helped me through it was building a relationship with God.It has been 19 years that he passed and i just always remember the good times.That what life is about spending time with each other and enjoying it.If your up to it tell us a little about your father one day.I'm sure he was heck of a man.Prayers are with you. The crew of The Delta Breeze.

bounder4465

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No one knows the pain in your heart today. I can only say my Dad passed 32 years ago when I was 16, and I still miss him sorely after all the years. I cant look at his stone without my heart breaking. Hang in there...

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

jim tee top, my thoughts prayers, and deepest condolances are yours. Kind of brings things into prospective when true tragidy strikes!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We are all very sorry for your loss, Jim. :( <br /><br />Your previous post was moved to Dockside Chat, where it belongs. This Forum is for Boat discussions.<br /><br />Please refer to the post in Dockside Chat for further Replies.<br /><br />Thanks.