My Confession

Jeepnn

Seaman Apprentice
I am new and haved laughed so much I didn't even notice it is now 4:30am and I am suppose to get up for church in 3hrs. Thanks, really.<br /><br />So here is my confession:<br /><br />I was dating a cute little thing back in high school and I bought my first boat a 17' Nitro Bass Boat with a 90hp mercury outboard. The boat scooted across the water great! Well about a month after I got it we were on the water and had a blast all day and decided to head in. Well she asked if she could drive... Of course I said yes. I pointed toward the shore and said "Keep it about the same distance off the bank" She was doing great and I kicked back and shut my eyes and let the sun warm my face for a few minutes. The screeching from the depthfinder jared me back to reality just in time to see the sandbar. I tried to crank the wheel from the opposite side of the boat with no luck and we hit hard. The last time I saw the outboard it was passing us airborn and still running. The impact sheard the transom just above the waterline so we were able to tow the boat back to the ramp.<br /><br />She cried the whole way even though I tried to tell her it was OK... Oh well what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!<br /><br />But, I later that evening learned that boating blunders are hereditary. My dad revieled that upon his college graduation he, my mother, and another couple set of to the lake for some sking and celebration. The driveway down to the ramp was backed up to the road and after waiting for 10min Dad could finally see that they were only using 1 of 2 ramps. After another 10min of sweating in the Louisiana heat he decided that since no one else was using the other ramp that he would just jump ahead and use it. So he bypasses 10-20 other people waiting their turn wips his hopped-up Chevelle around, pops the straps, plugs the boat and backs in. It is at this time the ramp manager comes out screaming that no one is to use that ramp anymore. Dad and the manager exchange words and after a firey debate Dad angrly hops in the car, fires up the 396 and shags a@! up the ramp and hears a horrible THUMP!! My Grandfathers new boat is now laying sideways blocking both ramps. Needless to say Dad didn't make any new friends that day and three hrs later the scratched up boat was in the water. It was returned to my grandfather late sunday night and Dad played dumb for almost twenty years before he finaly broke down and shared with his father what actually happened. This was the same night I drug home a Bass Boat with no motor.<br /><br />I hope you enjoyed my pain... <br /><br />Mike M.<br />Richmond, VA

Triton II

Commander
Re: My Confession

Now, go confess it all to the priest and enjoy your time on iboats... thanks for the laughs, what a great story! :D

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't worry about it, you are among friends here at iboats, and I'm sure we've all had our share of Embarassing moments. So, enjoy your time and thanks for the laughs!

brother chris

Commander

Wow, what a story! <br />Good to hear you made it back safe and sound. <br />Enjoy iboats and welcome to the family :D <br />And a very good first SHT's post.

Realgun

Commander

Say 5 Hail Maries and go watch some football. :D