My boat is broken.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I am on my way to fixing it, and have posted on the repair section with a question, but just have to whine and feel sorry for myself a little.<br />A few weeks ago I fired the boat up for the summer hoping to get some fishing time in before I get too busy to go. It started after about 3 seconds of cranking. I thought that was a good sign until it started missing. After checking all possible causes I found an exhaust valve stuck open. So I pulled the head off and think I have it all fixed. Just waiting for time off to go get gaskets and the head to give it another try.<br />How can boats be so much fun yet such a pain in the rear? Kind of like women, a huge pain in the rear, but liked too much to do without.

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: My boat is broken.

DD, I feel your pain!!!! ;) ;) Think how good it will be when ya get to hammer down on it once again!!!

salty87

Commander

count me in that same category deputy d<br /><br />i ordered some parts before a 2 week vacation started. local prop shop said they take 4-5 days....2 1/2 weeks later replacement parts were overnighted because the first order was "lost" by the supplier.<br /><br />so, not only did i not get to use the boat on my vaca...i also couldn't even fix it then! now i'm back to work and have parts rolling around in my truck.<br /><br />gotta pay to play

NYMINUTE

Captain

B.O.A.T.<br />Bring<br />out <br />another <br />thosand.<br />Quite accurate. Hope it is something inexpensive ddawg. Good Luck

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope it works out good for you. I purchased my brother in laws 21 year old boat last winter. Hasn't run for 6 plus years, but has under 30 hours total use. The guys here have been a big help and all the parts are on my bench ready for me to install. Won't know 'til I'm on the water how I really came out. We'll see...

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

dd,<br />It’s kinda like the guy who plays poker every sat. night with the same crowd and loses his a$$ every time. Finally some one asks him "Don’t ya know that game is fixed" He says yah I know…..but it's the only game in town....Long as yer float’in and loaf’in ya gotta love it

gonfishn

Commander

I know the feeln..A few years ago i was fishn from the bank while my boat was in drydock..<br /><br />Ever notice that when you are on the bank fishn how slow the boats go by you and just look and you wishn you were in there place..<br /><br />Here is a link to help you when you are stranded on the bank..It didn't catch to many fins but it was a nice conversation piece..<br /><br /> http://motorizedbobber.homestead.com/motorized.html

ZmOz

Captain

S**t, mine's been broken for almost two years now. :rolleyes: Few more days and several hundred more dollars I might actually be able to fire it up... :eek:

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> Ever notice that when you are on the bank fishn how slow the boats go by you and just look and you wishn you were in there place..<br />
Ya, been there! It's the look they give you... like... ha, ha, haaaa, you schmuck... we're out here and you are stuck there! :mad: <br /><br /><br />On a positive note, the KaGee boat fund finally got a deposit and the new manifolds and risers have arrived. I still have to adapt them to my rig.<br /><br />But seems like everything is working against me to git-er-done! Work, yard work, funeral, honey dooos, weather, more yard work, and more weather. :mad: <br /><br />Looks like this weekend is gonna be another washout too! :mad: :mad: <br /><br />So DD, I feel your pain too.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Called for a head gasket but have to order it, so will be a few days. At least this is an excuse to replace the exhaust tube that has been spraying into the boat.<br />The weekend is shot for me anyway, work tomorow and have a graduation Sunday. Work day and night Monday. By tuesday I will have my lumber and be ready to finish framing my addition. Maybe Thursday I will have time to get it back together. But then next weekend I am taking my family to the zoo and on a short weekend trip. So I guess it is good timing.<br />At least there is no serious damage. Around $125 to fix.