My best buddy and fishing partner

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice
My buddy Dave.I even had him come by the house when I was re-doing the seats,flooring and electrical.I thought it was important to have just the right placement of the front seat.After all,my seat was placed just perfict.You know,beer placement,distance to pole,foot rest on the side of the boat.Its all very important and because Dave is the one who will be with me 90% of the time,his chair should be placed to his specs. So now we have this trip he and I have planned for over a year and a half to eagle lake.Home of the big ones and Dave and I got big ones on the brain and basicly everything in the rest of our lives has been shut down,and our responsibilities,we dont care.Our wifes,we dont care.Our jobs,well we went to that only because thats where we talk about the big ones.Did I mention these fish are not only big-they are angry and do not want to get in the boat.Ok-we are finelly on the lake.Now we have been on the lake for two days.We troll up and down back and forth,our poles in the holder,the bildge packed with empty beer cans and we have gone through a carten of ciggies already.Then,I dont know why but I noticed something about Dave.Hmm Is he doing what I think hes doing.Naa cant be. That evening, we are using a nite crawler under a bobber.Dave and I noticed at the same time, Hey!! wheres my bobber? Just then, wham!! My tip is almost touching my reel and the whole reason I do boats and fish is happening now.The battle was on and this is what it is all about.As I fought to keep from tripping on beer cans,and fought to keep this "Monster" out of the weeds,and to keep myself in the boat,out of the corner of my eye,I see Dave,just sitting there,feet up,beer in one hand and ciggie in the other and a smug look one his face.very calmly he says to me, betcha 10 bucks you dont get the fish in the boat,and with that he again did what I noticed him doing earlyer.He flicked his ciggie butt right at my line.Just then,snap! Everything went quite,my pole went streight,no more splashing,the people in other boats all sat down.Dejected,I brought in my line and looked at the brake point.At some point earlyer,a ciggie had touched my line,and he knew it.And that mother ****er tryed to get me for ten bucks.

brother chris

Commander
Re: My best buddy and fishing partner

Nice story....<br />What a friend that Dave is. I have a friend just like that...hmmmm, must be his brother. :D <br /><br /><br />Open up, it's me Dave...I got the stuff. <br />Dave...Dave's not home! :D :D :D

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

friends like that can swim back to the shore. :(

FSHKPR

Ensign

whats he doing flipping cigarette butts in the water? Nothing p's me off more than that :mad: I am a smoker myself but you will never see me throwing butts in the water, on the ground or out the car window. thats bad enough but to intenionally try to hit your line? WOW time to find a new best buddy!