My baby started school

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
My oldest daughter started kindergarten Monday.<br /><br />Sunday night she cried when I read her bedtime stories to her....she didn't want to go to school. She said she would never see me again. She would be in school all day every day and never see me during the daytime anymore. She wants to stay home and spend every day with me like she always has. I almost cried too.<br /><br />Monday...the teacher sent her to the principles office. I was so angry!!! Right after lunch they go to recess, then in for naptime. She got up when she was supposed to be laying down so she was sent to the office. She was scared and didn't want to go so the teacher drug her leaving a mark on her arm. Then she spent 3 hours of the afternoon in the office. She had such a bad stomache ache when we picked her up because she was afraid to ask to go potty. The prionciple never thought that right after lunch she may need to go potty within 3 hours! The principle said she spent 3 hours in the office because she didn't want to go back to class. The teacher said because she fell asleep in the office. Who is lying? Anyway I don't think a 5 year old should go to the office the first day, and I think the teacher needs to gain some respect and control of her class. My little girl said when she got home that "daddy you lied to me. You said I would have fun and like school. I didn't have any fun and never want to go back." I won't take any respect away from the teachers so I told her she needed to obey the rules and do as she is told. Then we took her to her teacher to talk about it. <br /><br />Tuesday she came home happy and every since then loves school. She is mad that they read slower than she does, but it will all even out soon. <br />Now she loves school and says she has a lot of friends. Is it always this hard to let them go? I miss her through the day, even though I still have my 2 little ones with me it isn't the same.<br /> :( :( :(

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
Re: My baby started school

Glad it ended up a good experience after all. We put four children through school systems so I know your issues are just starting. Sounds like you handled the situation the right way. Show the school and teachers your an involved parent. My experience has been they will be more than glad to work with you.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey DD, it's just starting my friend.<br />Put 3 girls through and thankfully, they all made it ok, but that did not make it any easier to send them off that first or second or thrid day for sure.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It is really hard for some to get acclimated, DD.<br /><br />My oldest (age 6) left school right after I dropped her off on the second day and walked 2 miles home. She told her Mom that there was no school that day. <br /><br />She had never been anywhere without the company of her two younger sisters and felt abandoned. After she made a few friends among classmates she felt better, but it was a very hard adjustment for her.

tommays

Admiral

my oldest daughter started college this week she was just as nervous ;) <br /><br />tommays

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Yep we were worried the 3 yr old would act up going to preschool. Last year she did good, but all summer, she would cry when we mentioned school. <br /><br />First day last week, she ran inside, didnt even say bye to mom. Been perfect ever since.<br /><br />Now she comes home everyday from school saying she wants to ride the school bus. :D <br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

My house is empty, for the first time. Both boys are now away at college.<br /><br />Feels weird. My wife is feeling it more than me. :(