My baby girl moved away.

one more cast

Captain
After having my youngest daughter and her two cats living here all summer its kind of sad not having her around. She has moved away before but never by herself. I didn't think I was the worrying type but this time I seem to be worrying quite a bit. I guess things will get better once she gets a job and starts school so she can meet some people but for now I guess I'll just keep worrying and calling.

D

DJ

Re: My baby girl moved away.

You are a parent. Concern/worry is part of the deal.<br /><br />You are a BETTER parent for having those emotions.<br /><br />Many, do not.

bubbakat

Captain

OMC take it from one who has been there and done that. Worry will always be there but don't call so much just let her know that you are a phone call away.<br />They grow up to quick.

Triton II

Commander

I feel for you OMC. I have just spent the last couple of days with my eldest son inspecting the university facilities and organising accommodation for when he goes next year. It gives you a real reality check that your baby's grown up! Best of luck and think positive... I'm sure that's what your daughter is doing. :)

FLATHEAD

Captain

I agree with the others, also she will have a better appreciation for you as a parent once she finds out what it's like out there.

dolluper

Captain

When the nest empty's it is a sick feeling.maybe if you go out in the garage and play with the bikes it might get better.In other words keep busy it's easier that way.Hope her all the best for her life away from home and your pain lessens

KaGee

Admiral

OMC... take my word for it... do not dispare... THEY COME BACK HOME! (And I don't mean for a visit) :eek: Sometimes more than once.<br /><br />Call me cold hearted... but we REALLY do enjoy our Empty Nest... finally! :cool:

one more cast

Captain

Thanks guys. This is not her first time away. She is 23 and a couple of years ago she and her boyfriend bought a $300 camper and moved to NC and then VA. They came back and after awhile went their separate ways. My daughter then went to a local 2 year college and now she moved away to go to a 4 year college. The thing that bothers me is that she is not on campus but rather in an apartment where she knows no one and is living alone.The neighborhood seems to be a pretty good one but in this day and age you never know.<br /><br /> Yes KaGee I know they come back. She has moved in with us three times already. :D