My 2nd Starcraft rebuild, 1976 SuperSport , I'm back

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Congrats on the completion!!!!!

As for kickers, I have an 8 hp Mercury short shaft on a Panther SS bracket. Early on it was our only reliable motor (Main motor would bog under load). With that said, at WOT we got about 4-5 mph. So enough to get us around and fish. Since figuring out the issues on the main motor, we don't use the kicker. Other then testing before we go out and a purge after being in saltwater (Regardless of being used or not), but as you indicated it is the peace of mind we can limp home without having to call Sea Tow.

SHSU

chrisp929

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah, my 60 yamaha is a 4 stroke and very quiet, and seems very reliable as it only has 425 hours on it or so. But, you never know. I think a 6hp would be perfect. Still light enough on the transom, but a good amount of hp to limp me home if need be. I’d love to find another 6hp yamaha 4 stroke of similar vintage to this. Unfortunately, yamaha kickers are few and far between, used, or otherwise in my area. Usually once someone owns a yamaha, they rarely let it go.

ab59

Ensign
Lookin good Chrisp929- nice and clean look to her. You might find a couple of weighted deck chairs on CL to fill in until you get your seats. They are used a lot out here in the West on the larger jet boats . I put in some Wise , back to back seats , in my last restore and was NOT impressed in the quality but at least they were new and had a non rotting base. Good luck , we are in the middle of King Salmon here with the occasional Striper left over from their runs thrown in so I share your desire to fish them. Great deep fried !!!

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Chris,

Your boat looks great, nice work.
As for the 1st splash, I'd do it, maybe with just lawn chairs. (I once splashed a boat sitting on 5 gal buckets.)

And the elec trolling motor, I'd look at what others in your area are using for the type of fishing you will be doing.
Here, bow mounts with GPS and rear side scan are popular but this is 'eye fishing on lakes.

Dan

chrisp929

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wanted to see if links from imgur finally work here. I LOVE THE NEW FORMAT! A long time needed!! Excellent work to the owners of the site!!

before, 12-2019 and after, started 6-15-2020. Finished 10-2020
NwrlKlk.jpg

iwEU1xq.jpg

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Hey, where is everyone going for discount marine vinyl upholstery? I want to get pleated vinyl like what came from the factory in them70’s.. the white vinyl with a,line in it every 2 inches?
Hey, where is everyone going for discount marine vinyl upholstery? I want to get pleated vinyl like what came from the factory in them70’s.. the white vinyl with a,line in it every 2 inches?

JT’s Outdoor Fabrics, Barrie Ontario Canada. They have the pleated material

chrisp929

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I got mine locally from an upholstery shop, but they did have to order it. Mines 1.5” pleats if i recall correctly.