Must have done something right...

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class
This past weekend was my teenage daughter's 16th birthday. We had commitments to work the whole day (as a family) at a local craft market. She was then invited by her friends to spend the day with them at Gold Reef City, a local theme park, which she just loves to visit. We, thinking of her, insisted that she goes with her friends rather than working with us the whole day, being her birthday and all.<br /><br />In the the end she was in tears begging us to let her spend the day with her family rather than with her friends. Man, it sure felt good an I'm as proud of my "baby" as any farther can ever be.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Must have done something right...

I hear ya man. Gonna be a tear-jerker thae day you give that bride away!

tylerin

Commander

My daughter(Erin) is like that as well, Rude African. My son(Tyler) would have gone to the amusement park. Congrats on being so proud. Regardless of which way they'd go. I love them both the same

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Hey rudeafrican. Great job. You can be proud. Tell her others think she is a great kid too.

NYMINUTE

Captain

There is still hope for our society in the future. Nice to read a pleasant story. Thanks for the share rudeafrican. :) :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Wow, now that's proof that you've done a great job of parenting. Hmmmm, either that or she's fixin to ask for something or got a bad report you don't know about yet. ;) <br /><br />Just kiddin, congrats!!! Your daughter sounds like a very special young lady. :)

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That warms the cockles of my heart.<br />Ross