Murphy's Law and boating

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello there.... How was everyone's (rainy) Memorial Weekend?<br /><br />We were all set to take the old '75 trihull out on the lake on Memorial Day, but (as usual) woke up to thunder and lightning and a rainy Monday morning.<br /><br />*SIGH* It never fails.... Whenever everyone (wife, kids, friends, and myself) all get in sync and have nothing planned, the weather doesn't cooperate! :( <br /><br />How many times has this happend to you?<br /><br />Butch A.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Murphy's Law and boating

If I plan on a fishing trip, it never fails to have a 2-3 foot chop, if I am lucky. More like 6-8 depending on my boat size.<br /><br />As I drive by the bay the next day, it is smooth as glass.<br /><br />If I spontaneously wake up in the morning and say, "lets go in the boat", the weather usually is great.<br /><br />Ken

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sunny and 92 degrees at the island Sunday. There was a live band and they barged in a generator and a beer sales trailer. Between the friends we had 4 boats out. Great day. Sorry your weather was rotten.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Happens all the time...I just put on a coat and go fishing...so if you see a lonely boat out there in the lake during lousy weather...likely it's only me... :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Past weekend was hot, calm, and seas were flat as glass.... Absolutely beautiful... <br /><br />Spent the weekend as a landlubber taking care of stuff around the house, and taking my own sweet time doing it tooo!... :D <br /><br />Regular weekends on the water are bad enuff, but holiday weekends, forget it.. Just too many drunks, newbie boaters, jerk skiers, not to mention over zealous marine law enforcement persons, and thats what ya encounter at the ramp without even getting the boat wet....... It gets worse when ya get in the water... :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry about your experience, Butch. :( <br /><br />I, on the other hand, had an absolutely glorious weekend. :) <br /><br />Traveled with my former wife, son and granddaughter to Midland, TX, where my youngest daughter and her family now live. There we met another daughter and her youngest son.<br /><br />Three of my four children, their mom and a full sixpack of grandbuddies, plus a great son-in-law made for a terrific weekend party.<br /><br />The weather was very good, the pool was wonderful, the feeds were heavenly and the late night talk was excellent (as were the spirits shared).<br /><br />Your turn will come, when everything comes together for a memorable time. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, been there, but I'm with Snapper. No more holidays at the lake for me. Just too crazy and dangerous. <br />Bassy

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I went fishing for Sturgeon yesterday in the Puget Sound near Everett and Marysville, caught a 73"er but had to let him go as he was too long. Weather was cloudy and showers and a high of about 57. Great weather for being out on the water on a boat without a top. I don't really like to be out in the sun anyway (I burn too easy) that's why I moved here from the Bay Area in CA.<br /><br /> http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showphoto.php?photo=13004&sort=7&thecat=500&password= <br /><br />Craig

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a fine weekend. Plenty of sun and it was hot to say the least. Gotta love being able to go out to the lake almost all year long. Not to brag or anythin :D g.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) the week end was excellent!!!<br /><br />Started Saturday with a cook out!!!<br /><br />Sunday went fishing ,but was blowing 25kts.,so stayed on the leeward<br /><br />Monday was excellent!!! Went fishing,calm seas and plenty of stripers and mackerel ;) :cool: