Murphy and his stupid laws!

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
rant mode: on<br /><br />So I'm midway through the restoration project: a 1988 VW Golf GTi. Body work is done, interior done, suspension done.<br /><br />Engine and gearbox are out and the engine has been stripped and rebuilt: sitting pretty ready to go back in hopefully this coming weekend.<br /><br />Only the driveshafts to do......<br /><br />So after much hammering and a bit of blue air I manage to get the constant velocity joints apart. Got everything cleaned, checked and greased. New rubber boots put back in place, clips tight. Lovely.........until I move one shaft out of the way on the workbench and it falls: straight on top of the other driveshaft.<br /><br />Result? Both shafts now have the new boots split as they hit tools :mad: :mad: <br /><br />No replacement boots in stock locally: 70 mile trip to pick up new ones and start the whole procedure all over again :( <br /><br />I'm calling it quits and going to bed and I don't care that it's only 4pm ! <br /><br />Rant mode: off

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Murphy and his stupid laws!

Cheers Kiz, if I ever get my hands on Murphy.... :mad: <br /><br />and how come inaminate objects follow all his rules and not mine :D <br /><br />Edit: now my zippo won't light :( <br /><br />got spark, got fuel, better check compression :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

They bit me yesterday. My car wouldnt start, and of coarse I didnt have a single tool with me. :mad: <br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

You were supposed to deflect it with your foot on the way down... :(

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Thansk oddjob: I'll remember that the next time :D <br />or better still: I'll get Ms Deezy to catch it with her foot :D

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Another "law" that I find in my way a great deal is:<br /><br />Fadiman's Law of Optimum Improvement, where a product is improved to the point that it is no longer useful.<br /><br />Jinx

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if Murph has anything to say about springs in recliners.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Peter Principle is a good one too.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Hey what's the phone number for the ACLU - and who do I sue to get Murphy's law declared unconstitutional? (sorry that won't do you any good, Stan)<br /><br />something about "pursuit of happiness"

eeboater

Commander

Never heard of Peter's Principle... what's that?

D

DJ

I wonder if Murph has anything to say about springs in recliners.<br />
He does, it is directly proportional to the level of the liquid, in your glass. ;) :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Never heard of Peter's Principle... what's that?
Managers tend to get promoted to their greatest level of incompetence.<br /><br />Similarly, the Dilbert Principle: The least effective workers tend to get shuffled around to where they can do the least damage: management.