Multi Guage is hard to read...

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good Morning,
My primary Multi-Guage that measures speed and gas is hard to read. The image is liquid I'm guessing and when the guage gets hot from the sun radiating on it, it hard to see its readings. In the a.m. when its cooler outside, you can read the guage, but as the day heats up, image becomes invisible.

Is there a way to increase the image so the guage can be read all the time or is it time to buy a new one? If I need a new one, what model do I need to simply replace my old unit?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Multi Guage is hard to read...

all LCD readouts will do that in the sun, from your fishfinder to your laptop.
only recourse is to build a shade for it.

TonyNoriega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If I'm understanding your description correctly (image is liquid), you may have condensation under the lens in the gauge. I had a similar thing happen when the little rubber plug was left out of the bottom of the unit and moisture got in to it. If that IS what you have, you can remove the plug when the humidity is low, and let the moisture dissapate. It worked for me.

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'll try both, cover the unit and see if it has moisture. When I went out to the boat today, I turned the key on and could make out the display but it was dim. It was about 2 in the afternoon and the boat is in Florida. Outside temp. was about 89 degr. I think if it were cooler out, I would be able to make out the readings better.