muffs and bailer

fakeplay

Banned
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
106
when I flush my motor with muffs should I put a pail of water on the side and my hose from the bailer in the pail to flush IT out ? Thanks
 

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
293
Re: muffs and bailer

from your other post if i remember correctly you have a small motor (under 15hp). you would be much better served to get a 55gal drum (from car wash or such) I know that on my 12hp Scott the water inlet will not allow the use of muffs and I like the ideal of having the leg fully submerged anyway.
and yes you can then place the hose into the drum
 

fakeplay

Banned
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
106
Re: muffs and bailer

Yours like this ? I used the smaller muffs and it worked fine. Plenty of water circulating. Please send a picture of yours so I can compare. Mine is a 7 1/2 hp.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 37.jpg
    Picture 37.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 38.jpg
    Picture 38.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 39.jpg
    Picture 39.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
293
Re: muffs and bailer

mine is shown in my avatar just that mine is a 12hp
 
Top