Mucho Mas Agua

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Yep, we're in for some more water. Today it rained all day,but the big storm is coming in Sunday night and staying until Tuesday. From what I hear a record year for LA. We're at about 35+ inches at this time. Hey, April showers bring May flowers. What do May showers bring?<br />How are you all doing with this crazy spring weather?<br />Bassy

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mucho Mas Agua

We don't have basements in L.A. Rained early and late, but nothing really during the day today. I just like that it is filling the Colorado basin, Mead and Powell need mucho mas agua . . .

tylerin

Commander

I hear ya Bassy. Record year here in Ventura Co. Problem is there will be so much growth that the possibility of fires is much greater. <br />Quietcat..Mead is getting sucked dry by Las Vegas, and it isn't raining much there. Last year I went to Shasta and it was 100 ft low and dropping a ft a day. We need rain and lots of it to the North like Redding, and areas where Bassy lives (by Bass Lake and Pine Flatts)

QC

Supreme Mariner

tylerin,<br /><br />Actually Mead had been going up until about three weeks ago. It is 20 ft higher than last summer. To the north of Vegas they really got hammered up the Virgin river. All of the growth in the west is putting more pressure on all of the reservoirs.<br /><br />Check out this website.<br /><br /> http://www.usbr.gov/lc/riverops.html <br /><br /> I am sure you can find info for the north as well by poking around a little.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's right tylerin, we need alot more. Pine Flat is only at 660,000 acre feet and it can hold 1,000,000. So, come on mother nature. Bring it on!<br />I'm happy for your record year tylerin. My Mom and Dad are in Camarillo and they're always saying they don't get enough rain. They're not saying that this year. Only thing is to keep those weeds down in them there hills so the fire season isn't rough on you. Got to be careful of that. We're in the same situation here. We've had to mow more this year than any other year,but we're keeping those weeds down to prevent problems.<br />Bassy

JRJ

Commander

Lake Shasta is 94% full and still rising :cool: Not much rain here today, nice at the lake ;)

tylerin

Commander

JRJ thats great to hear. I take an annual trip to shasta every year for a week on a houseboat. I lived in Redding/Bella vista for a year and Whitmore for even longer. Beautiful country. By the time I get there it should be getting low again

Twidget

Commander

What do May showers bring?
In southern California, doesn't that signify the start of the movie star homes mudslide race to the pacific? :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by JRJ:<br /> Lake Shasta is 94% full and still rising :cool: Not much rain here today, nice at the lake ;)
Say, whats that lake west of Shasta? I think it is or was called Trinity or something? Have you been there? I have thought about spending some time there this summer.

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by JRJ:<br /> Lake Shasta is 94% full and still rising :cool: Not much rain here today, nice at the lake ;)
Say, whats that lake west of Shasta? I think it is or was called Trinity or something? Have you been there? I have thought about spending some time there this summer.
Whiskeytown I believe LD

JRJ

Commander

LD yes I have been there, nice lake and good fishing but I use Shasta because its close. Trinity Lake is at 81%. Whiskeytown is at 99%. Been raining steady here since midnight :)

tylerin

Commander

Whiskeytown used to have a rope swing that launched you a long way YEE HAW :D