Movie thoughts- The Village

Kenneth Brown

Captain
This is a heck of a good show. It is a scary movie that has no nudity and very little gore. I would be comfortable taking my daughter (who is 9) to see it. It will have you wondering through the entire show what happens next. I had never heard of it but the wife had. We saw it at the theatre last night and it was too cool. Go see it, definetely worth the money.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Movie thoughts- The Village

I agree,<br />I took all three boys, 11, 13, 14 to see it and was rather impressed. There were clues to the ending, just like The Sixth Sense. I like M. Night's movies!<br /><br />I give it 3 thumbs up!!<br /> :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

crab bait

Captain

i live 9 miles from where they filmed it..<br /><br />whodaknowd,, they kept it such a secret..<br /><br />the area ,, really has a spooky an haunted reputation even before the movie.. <br /><br />it's a beautiful area..<br />i'm up there alot in the winter,, hikin' for antler sheds..there's a few creepy spots that the neckhairs get edgey..<br /><br />I KNOW THEY REALLY WILL NOW when i go up there this season..

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

M. Nights movies are the only ones I look forward to seeing (on video). I love unpredictable movies.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm. I was impressed with Sixth Sense because I didn't see it coming, I didn't realize there was a mystery to it. My girlfriend hated it, but that's only because her mother ruined the secret.<br /><br />Signs was predictable, and the entire premise was just silly. Honestly, would you travel to a planet that is 70% battery acid? But the comic relief (the three sitting on the couch with aluminum-foil on their heads) was great. My girlfriend thinks it's the scariest movie ever, but that's only because she has an irrational fear of aliens.<br /><br />I saw The Village coming from miles away. There were a few scary parts, and that was exciting, but I was never shocked or surprised at the ending. The only thing that puzzled me at all (I won't ruin the movie for all that haven't seen) was the last monster she encounters in the woods. Other than that, I predicted the whole movie.