Motorcycles and barbed wire, Not good!

LubeDude

Admiral
We went to a wedding of the son of my wifes best friend Saturday We were to spend the night Friday night with them and when we got there, her daughter (19) had just ran a little motorcycle into a barbed wire fence about a minute before we arrived. Nasty cuts on her right arm, real ugly. We traveled to the emergency room with them and didnt get back to there hosuse untill after midnight. I do not know the total amount of stiches, but I would guess about 50. She is fine, and was in the wedding the next day. Good news is, that she was wearing a helmet, you now know the bad news. Her arm will be scared badly for the rest of her life.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Motorcycles and barbed wire, Not good!

Been there before. I was lucky enough to be going about 45-50 and the fence was good and tight. It just snapped when I hit it. I was wearing a jacket because of the weather. It shredded the jacket and the top part of my jeans. It only got me a little bit, lots of blood but only surface cuts, more like cat scratches.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Seen a guy slice a good portion of the right half of his head clean off on a telephone pole guide wire once, while riding a motorcycle :( Not a pretty sight. <br /><br />Also seen a guy get impaled on a steel fence post one time, while playing chicken on a bike. another ugly site. <br /><br />I would say the girl was lucky that her face did not get tangled up with that wire.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A good set of leathers goes a long way toward keeping skin intact. Been there more than once.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I gave up two wheeled vehicles a loooong time ago. I just aint smart enough to ride them without getting hurt. I love them, I just don't ride them.

brother chris

Commander

I guess I should not have read this post. I ride a 2003 Kawasaki KLR 650 and I hate hearing stories like these. <br />Glad she is/will be okay.

I've still got my scars. I was 10 years old, and while I was at school my ol' man put a 6 string barb wire fence up right in the middle of what was a little track my brothers and I would ride our bikes on. Well, I turned the corner around the haystack and accelerated right into it. I was probably going about 25mph. After mom bandaged me back up I had to go out and fix the fence... I was the one who screwed it up after all. <br /><br />But that's the way things are on the farm. Getting in trouble for getting hurt. Doesnt' matter if you got hurt or not when you messed soemthing up, its your job to fix it now.