motor stops running

olm

Seaman
I have two 225 evinrudes 2001, both just had service this past summer. had alot of time to work on due to hurricanes. new filters,plugs etc.<br /><br />Went to go fishing today right motor started like normal. went to get on palne and the right motor shut down. stopped and tried to restart. It would only restart if i pump the fuel bulb which would not get completely hard like other motor. but would shutdown again. checked plugs and found scary clean like running way to lean but not white.<br />pumped bulb at dock and fuel came out of couling.<br />started again and looked like it had cleared up but could not run unless I keped pumping fuel bulb. Fuel pump seems to be running, or at least it is making the same noise as other motor. I think it is a fuel problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appriciated. I want to try and narrow it down before I take it to the marine sharks (repair shop). Thank You!!

ob

Admiral
Re: motor stops running

If you've got fuel running down the cowling when you continue to squeeze the fuel primer bulb ,that doesn't get firm,you 've got a fuel leak.Now you need to find the source of the leak. I'm guessing a leak on a fuel hose leading to the pump or pump itself is leaking.<br /><br />The fuel primer bulb should pump up to firm and hold.If not there's a leak problem.

olm

Seaman
Re: motor stops running

Thank you Ob, since this is a ficht motor and I dont have a Phd in electronics. I will take it to the shop. Sorry if I insulted anyone with the marine shark comment.