Motor goes up in reverse

nolsh

Recruit
I have a 1990 120hp Force. Trim and tilt work fine. NO leak down. Only problem is that the motor comes out of the water when reversing. Need to pin point this problem. If I need to replace the disc in the tilt cylinder that has the check valves, I will need to know where I can purchase the spanner wrench and it's part number to disassemble the top of the tilt ram. Has anyone had the same reversing problem and what fixed it. Thanks.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: Motor goes up in reverse

My evinrude does the same thing but only if I give it a little throttle over idle speed.Charlie

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Dont know your particular motor but most motors have a lock down that ingages when you shift out of forward.Look on the mid section near the mounting bracket for a latch it may simply be<br />jammed.

force01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check i boats there are a lot of shops that rent the special tools bret<br /><br /> If you need further assistance please email me @ forcepower01@yahoo.com. thanks,Bret

clanton

Rear Admiral

Replace the pilot check valve seals in the pump body first. Search this site for seal pn, order from Iboats or Merc dealer.