Motor does not start randomly

jt352

Recruit
2013 Tige RZ2 w/ PCM 343
Having trouble figuring out why the motor will not start randomly. Usually happens after main power supply has been turned off but not always. When I turn the the key I get a clic and at times the gauges and dash lights flicker like it's trying to go thru it's start up sequence. The sound seems to come from the area of the starter. I have replaced the starter, two new batteries, changed out the electronic relay for the starter and igniton, and have tried to confirm all grounds are secure. I can not find a starter slave solenoid similiar to ones on Ford motors. I have also checked the safety cut off switch and made sure the boat is in neutral. At this point I am thinking engine computer... Does anyone have any suggestions??

alldodge

Staff member
I would look at connections, there is probably some corrosion. Start at the battery cables and remove them at both ends, including the grounds. Get then clean and shinny metal and inspect insulation jacket

There will be other wires attached to where the ground cable goes and also clean them

Remove the connectors on the ECM and see if there is any issues.

Then remove the 10 pin engine connector

jt352

Recruit
alldodge,
ty for the advise, haven't thought to check the 10 pin and have checked tightness of connections but not cleaned them...

alldodge

Staff member
Oh could also be the battery switch or key switch