Motor dies then won't start

777funk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was able to break the bendix loose with a ratchet wrench and lubed it with lithium. It's an Arco I don't think Chinese brand. I was able to pump fuel up to the pump but it took a while. I ran the motor for around 30 minutes. Thinking now I may replace all the fuel lines.

One other thing that I'd consider common with age when the primer never becomes firm with pumping is that the fuel pump diaphragm tears and no longer pumps. When this happens, fuel goes right through the diaphragm and into the crank case through the impulse hose (the small fuel line hose that supplies in/out crankcase pressure that works the fuel pump's diaphragm to pump).

Don't know if yours is bad (yet), but if you run into issues getting primed, this can happen. Age and gas and rubber don't get along well. I don't know how long these last, but diaphragms are definitely not 30 year items. At least none I've seen. I consider it near the top of the list of things to change on a new old Force.

legalfee

Petty Officer 1st Class
One other thing that I'd consider common with age when the primer never becomes firm with pumping is that the fuel pump diaphragm tears and no longer pumps. When this happens, fuel goes right through the diaphragm and into the crank case through the impulse hose (the small fuel line hose that supplies in/out crankcase pressure that works the fuel pump's diaphragm to pump).

Don't know if yours is bad (yet), but if you run into issues getting primed, this can happen. Age and gas and rubber don't get along well. I don't know how long these last, but diaphragms are definitely not 30 year items. At least none I've seen. I consider it near the top of the list of things to change on a new old Force.
I replaced the fuel pump this spring. I'm thinking there might be a slight leak. I'm going to tighten down all the fuel lines.