More Power From V6

DiamondDon

Recruit
I think I posted this in the wrong forum, originaly, sorry.<br />I have a REGAL 20 foot boat with a 3.7l, 232cid, 4bbl motor. Can anyone suggest how to get more power out of it? Performance upgrades, supercharger, engine swap???<br />Thanks a lot !!

akriverrat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: More Power From V6

nitrouse? v8 swap probably most cost effective. my opinion for what its worth.

cajunglen

Recruit

I Agree, engin swap would be tour best bet, What<br />are your intentions for this boat? race?

Ralph 123

Captain

There's no replacement for displacement. However, how much power are you really looking to add? Maybe there are some things you can do short of a repower that will give you some extra power - headers, K&N arrestor, etc. Take a look at Dennis Moores book "Chevy Marine Performance" and you'll get lots of ideas along with a sense for the level of improvement you can expect.

DiamondDon

Recruit

Thanks to you all for your input!<br />My motor is rated 185hp, when I take it up to Mountain Lakes (6000'+) it is really gutless.<br />Even running a 13 pitch prop and adjusting timing.<br />At sea level it's a little underpowered for pulling novice skiers but liveable. Kind of.<br />Have a Great Day !!!