More of the same for vetrans

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I just finished reading this article and was thinking, "more of the same when it comes to taking care of the people who give so much for this country". This kind of service to our fighting men/women comes under the title of LIP SERVICE only. :eek: <br /><br /> This is the address for the article if you are interested: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6161353/

bubbakat

Captain
Re: More of the same for vetrans

Same ole song and dance they gave us when we returned from NAM. I returned in 68 and have applied for medical help from the VA I know at least 7 times and was turned down. I had a knee replaced and hearing was lost to 60% in both ears and lost one eye and have yet to receive any help what so ever.<br />But if my country called me again I would rise to the call. I can't forget that freedom comes with a price.<br />RetNav out of 12 men in a squad I was in over there in my last tour there is two of us left the others committed suicide from bad thoughts in their heads.<br />Well I don't need to rant about it to you guys. You all are like me. You aren't politicians.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: More of the same for vetrans

bubbakat, like you and many others who have fought for this country and given much, I too would do it again. I don't think anyone I know has served for the "benefits", but I do believe a country that treats its vets the way many have been treated should be ashamed.<br /><br />Hang in there bubbakat, as you know, old warriors just keep on keeping on...