More Moss

NYMINUTE

Captain
I heard on ESPN radio, that Red McCombs (Vikings Owner) has told the network to remove Joe Buck from the telecast booth for the Vikes-Eagles game. Anyone else hear this?? Maybe he should tell Moss to "Behave Like a Pro"

rogerwa

Commander
Re: More Moss

It was on our news last night. Fox politely told him no.

gaugeguy

Captain

McCombs and Buck have been verbally battling since Monday. McCombs is claiming Buck isn't objective enough to broadcast the game. Buck calls it like he sees it. Fox is standing behind Buck and McCombs is trying to protect his investment.

Twidget

Commander

McCombs is claiming Buck isn't objective enough to broadcast the game. Buck calls it like he sees it.
By todays PC standards, McCombs may be right. People really seem to hate the truth.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Twidget:<br />
McCombs is claiming Buck isn't objective enough to broadcast the game. Buck calls it like he sees it.
By todays PC standards, McCombs may be right. People really seem to hate the truth.
Don't get me wrong Twidget, I am no fan of Joe Buck. I'm a Red Sox fan, and Buck and Tim McCarver just loved to bash the Sox last year, especially in the ALCS.

KaGee

Admiral

superbowl694_lower.jpg

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

news is Randy got fined $10,000 for his antics last weekend ..<br /><br />what the hell is going on here .. Green Bay fans Moon (FOR REAL) the visitors bus as they leave the stadium.. so he had a little fun in return w/o dropping his shorts. <br /><br />Has anyone of the networks mentioned this??<br /><br />this is still too laughable for me .. even tho I'm a fan of the Vikes and such I'm not all about Randy Moss and taking this as some contorted threat against 'my team'.. I've fired my shots too - plenty of times!<br /><br />but this was the first I've heard of this Joe Buck and Red McCombs thing.. sorta comical.. like Red's fur coat he wore at the game last weekend.. what a dandy!<br /><br />like they say.. good or bad - publicity is publicity.

D

DJ

I could not possibly care less.<br /><br />Didn't see, don't know, don't care.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

I heard that Red did something like that. First I am a vikings fan. I don't like what Moss did but I think Buck really overreacted to the whole thing. I just wasn't that bad. Kind of funny I think. I like Moss's normal touchdown ritual of handing the football to a challenged kid at the Metrodome. The Green Bay fans were pretty hard on him from what I have heard and he just couldn't be the bigger man. In that situation I sure most of us would have reacted in some way back at the GB fans.<br /><br />Maybe Red is trying to take the spotlight and pressure off Moss and the team prior to the game???????

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Barlow, its called protecting the image and integrity of the sanctioning body ( the NFL). It happens in most every pro sport. Look what they did to Earnhart Jr for saying "skit."<br />You just can't have the "pros", the image makers, the "role models", the representatives of the league, etc, going around acting like Jim Carry and tarnishing the leagues' image.<br /><br />Just wait to see what the GB fans have in store for him the next time he visits Lambeau.

ebbtide176

Commander

i dunno know for sure. but the diff to me seems to be in the payers & the payee.

gaugeguy

Captain

He was asked on air yesterday what he thought about his 10K fine. "ain't chit to me, 10K ain't chit. Maybe next time I'll shake my "richard"".<br /><br />Yup, nothing but class.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Barlow, its called protecting the image and integrity of the sanctioning body ( the NFL). It happens in most every pro sport. Look what they did to Earnhart Jr for saying "skit."<br />You just can't have the "pros", the image makers, the "role models", the representatives of the league, etc, going around acting like Jim Carry and tarnishing the leagues' image.<br /><br />Just wait to see what the GB fans have in store for him the next time he visits Lambeau.
I agree Roscoe.. In light of what happened its sort of dis-tasteful.. I fully agree. <br /><br />But since the governing body has FAILED to govern appropriately with pre-set bounds.. they are acting on what the reactions are from commentary of the broadcast crew and other media that feeds on it not to mention the limited amount of feedback they aquire from fan responses.. Has any one of them ever commented on good behavior??<br /><br />As with the Earnhart situation.. I'm no NASCAR buff but, my BIL races late models so I hear about it and I understand that Earnhart was actually the THIRD guy last season to get 'pinched' for using profanity in a TV/radio interview - supposedly NASCAR addressed it with the drivers before the season started and Earnhart being the dork he is whines about it and I think they're right on w/it. Having some guy swearing on TV/radio isn't exactly Kosher.<br /><br />Yea GG .. the fine fits the crime .. it's laughable! 10k to a guy that is collecting $5.25 million in salary this year plus bonuses is like one of us here getting a $5 parking ticket.. actually less.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> He was asked on air yesterday what he thought about his 10K fine. "ain't chit to me, 10K ain't chit. Maybe next time I'll shake my "richard"".<br /><br />Yup, nothing but class.
If Tagliabu doesn't toss this POS soon, every Self Promoting Loud Mouth in sports will be dropping their trousers, and stroking the foul pole on ESPN. BTW, ESPN's Dan Patrick is a buttwipe.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />If Tagliabu doesn't toss this POS soon, every Self Promoting Loud Mouth in sports will be dropping their trousers, and stroking the foul pole on ESPN. BTW, ESPN's Dan Patrick is a buttwipe. [/QB]
ROFL.. no ones dropped their pants yet.. <br /><br />Well if we're into what people are saying .. here's a quote from the former Vikings offensive coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy.. <br /><br />
"I will say one thing about Moss ... probably no one in the country can appreciate what is behind that," Dungy said. "What happens — and if you play in that division, which I did for a long time, you know — when you leave the parking lot in Green Bay that's kind of a tradition their fans have. They stand next to the fence as the buses go out and they moon the buses.<br /><br />"Randy has had about six or seven years of those guys mooning him as he's left after a loss and I think that was his way of saying, 'OK, appreciate the fun, you guys had your fun, here's a little shout back at you.' That's what that was all about."<br />
makes you look at it in a different light huh?!