More Breaking News(Terri)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Updated: 9:57 a.m. ET March 31, 2005PINELLAS PARK, Fla. - Fourteen days after a court ordered her feeding tube removed, and after multiple attempts by her parents to get the order lifted, Terri Schiavo passed away on Thursday.<br /><br />The family battle over whether to keep her alive galvanized the nation.<br /><br />The case had spent seven years winding its way through the courts, with the parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, repeatedly on the losing end. <br /><br />The nation’s high court on Wednesday declined to intervene for the sixth time. Hours earlier in an 9-2 ruling, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta declined to grant a new hearing in the case — the fourth time since last week that it ruled against the Schindlers.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: More Breaking News(Terri)

Watch for a Fox movie this fall. I believe the parents will benefit financially from this.

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Watch for a Fox movie this fall. I believe the parents will benefit financially from this.
And I have no problem with that, either.<br /><br />Michael Schiavo profitted from his wife's injuries, so the parents should profit from her death.<br /><br />When it's all said & done, though, she's still gonna be dead.<br /><br />God Bless her soul

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea the parents and the husband will make a movie.<br /><br />It has long ago stopped being about Terri and become a circus fir the husband and the parents.<br /><br />It's hard to say how many offers they have already had.<br /><br />She's in a better place now.

eeboater

Commander

Never... not a single moment, in my 26 years of life am I more PROUD and HAPPY to be a YOUNG Conservative Republican right now.<br /><br />I'm not carrying the guilt that I vouched for the murder of an innocent woman.<br /><br />Sean

Stratosfied

Ensign

I still don't know what to think. Her husband said , that she said, her parents hoped for a miracle, in faith and the courts, and now this. IMHO, she has been dead for a long time. Now, about him being with another woman, well, I cannot cast a stone as I would probally be in the same way, knowing that she would never be with us again. For the parents, as I am a parent, I can begin to see that you would indeed do all you could to keep your child alive. They can rest assured that they did all they could do. They fought and fought hard. It is sad to me that this took place on a national stage, when it should, IMHO, been much more private. I pray that none of us have to bear any burden such as this.

KaGee

Admiral

Here is a baffling thought... For someone who supposedly wanted to die, she sure did fight long enough to stay alive.<br /><br />Give it a year or two and you will see this progress the argument that it is inhumane to allow someone to die this way (via starvation) and there will be a push to legalize assisted death. <br /><br />I pray for the family. May their hearts find peace and comfort.

SpinnerBait_Nut

He(the husband) banned the parents from the room in the last minutes.<br />Now that was uncalled for. IMO.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not to trivialize any of this, but did anyone else catch the South Park last night? <br /><br />I just caught about the last half, but the basis was very similar to this (intentionally obviously). Kenny (my avatar) was in a coma and the whole town and nation was fighting over whether he would want to be let go or stay on life support in hopes of recovering. <br /><br />By the time they were about to put him to rest, another character announced that he had found the missing last page of Kenny's will. <br /><br />I forget what it did say about life support for himslef, but included was something like "if I do end up in a vegatative state....my request is to please never show me in that condition on national television."<br /><br />Obviously at that point...both sides felt like jackas*es. Good moral to that particular show I thought.

Stratosfied

Ensign

SBN, according to the radio report I first heard of her passing, her parents were at bedside. I have not watched any TV though.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> He(the husband) banned the parents from the room in the last minutes.<br />Now that was uncalled for. IMO.
I heard that as well SBN. Shows the character of Mr. Schiavo.<br /><br />Sean

rogerwa

Commander

Its as simple as the need to err on the side of life. We failed in this respect. There was no evidence of a directive by Terri. Where there is this much diagreement, we needed to err on the side of life.<br /><br />Our system failed us and it failed Terri and I am truly saddened and disappointed.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

IMHO, this case should have ramifications well beyond Terri Shiavo.<br /><br />I hope that it will bring to the fore, the proper relationship between the Judiciary, the Legislature and the Executive branches of governments.<br /><br />No doubt the Judiciary has an essential place in this Republic but to date the Judiciary, at all levels, has pulled off a virtual coup in our society and must be restrained by all of the powers that are legally vested with the other branches.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> He(the husband) banned the parents from the room in the last minutes.<br />Now that was uncalled for. IMO.
I just heard the Priest who said the last words over her say just that... the parents were allowed in only after she died. <br /><br />What a scumbag.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

With ALL due respect....I am glad I don't have to depend on others to feed me...sl

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Glad its over, may she rest in peace.<br /><br />Hopefully the autopsy will clear up some questions.<br /><br />Ken

Stratosfied

Ensign

Sorry to all, according to FOX, the parents were out of the room when she passed. My apologies. :eek:

D

DJ

This whole thing is SICK!<br /><br />We are, as a society, in love with death and darkness.<br /><br />Her husband was a CREEP.<br /><br />Some facts that came out today.<br /><br />1. Her husband-Michael-was all for her living "forever" in the malpractice suit. He got a bunch of $$$.<br /><br />2. The lawyers/judges and doctors are a closely related bunch of "death promoters".<br /><br />3. Her husband was all for her "living" until he got the cash. Then his tune changed. Until he got the cash, he figured she wanted to live. Again, lawyers+creeps=evil.<br /><br />As a side note, I was appalled at what his lawyer said today when questioned by a reporter-who deserves a Pulitzer, BTW.<br /><br />The reporter asked: "how do you relate starving/dehydrating to death a peaceful death"?<br /><br />Lawyer responds. "Removing the feeding tube does not starve a person".<br /><br />Duh! Is anyone that stupid?

rogerwa

Commander

That is because they die of dehydration. A technicality..