More bad news

K5WAS

Seaman
There now are 3 breaches in the levees at New Orleans. Water is pouring into the ninth ward which is where Bush had the levees bombed the first time, it looks as though he did it again. Calypso Louie (Farakan) isn't going to like this. :rolleyes:

KaGee

Admiral
Re: More bad news

IMO they should just drop about 4 or 5 strategically placed Daisey Cutters down there and start from scratch.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

If your going to post inflamatory threads, please get your facts straight.<br /><br />George Bush did not bomb the levees. He had the Navy send a sub into the lake and used mk48 torpedoes. Had he used the Air Force to bomb the levees, they would have been seen.

KaGee

Admiral

Spoken like a true Navy Vet Alden!<br /><br />Actually, I heard it was SEAL teams under the cover of darkness. :p :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

No I did it. Just pulled my finger out . . .

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

you pulled your finger out of the dyke Quietcat? :) ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yep, I had to pee . . . Sorry all.

KaGee

Admiral

I just read the AP story... "This was our greatest fear". To think Nagin was encouraging his people to come back. He should be replaced ASAP. He is totally incompetent. I wouldn't trust him leading a pack of Cub Scouts.<br /><br />So, should we start a pool now as to who Nagin and his lackies blame this time?

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

I'll take the COE. They had 2 whole weeks to permenantly fix the breeches. Next is Bush, everything is his fault.

K5WAS

Seaman

Nagen is going to be there until the next election. There arn't enough people there to have a recall at this time. Most probably he won't get re-elected in the next election because he lost all of his constituants.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

quiet cat had to pee? well maybe that explains the surge anyway :) <br /> I dont know why ya got a hardon for poor nagin. he was allowing,not encoiraging, folks back in. until Rita showed up.<br /> then he was closing the city and making folks leave again and they got mad about that. seems he did the right thing, this time.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you see on the news where the preliminary investigation of the levee breaches indicates that the surge didn't topple the walls or undermine them, but apparently the seams at the concrete wall junctions failed? <br /><br />It was also stated that this was only a preliminary estimation and the investigation is continuing.<br /><br />So, it could have been the missing finger that caused the leakage.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

somebody pulled quietcat's finger? uh-oh...

QC

Supreme Mariner

lol :D <br /><br />Gettin' a lot of mileage out of that one . . .

dogsdad

Lieutenant

New Orleans was just a practice run. The real target is San Francisco.<br /><br /> :D