Mooring Cover Options for a 1993 Stinray 556?

Hello all,

I have a 1993 Stingray 556 18ft. I store it a boat house with a lift:

20211114_081526.jpg

I am looking for something I can cover the interior in between rides. Something like this would be great:

mooring cover.jpg

I think the “factory mooring covers” by Stingray came after my model year. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have the full complement of snap buttons. There are a few around the glass of the cockpit, but there are none around the bow seats.

Are there any good options which cover the interior, but do not require a strap that goes underneath the hull? I have a “winterization cover” that has hull straps, but I was really looking for something to keep the bugs, leaves, and dust when the boat is stored in the boat house.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights!

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
You might consider having custom canvas made in Sunbrella. I had mine made in 2003, and every summer its been on a salt water mooring out in the sun and still looks good! The seams have had to be resewn a few times but the fabric held up. See if you can get a canvas shop to do it for you over the winter. In this pic the covers were about 15 years old. Sunbrella is expensive but worth it.
88 FW on the mooring.JPG

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
You are looking for a cockpit cover and a bow toneau cover, not a mooring cover. They were originally options. If they were not ordered they didn't put the snaps in.

You will need to have custom canvas made, and the shop will drill the boat and install the necessary snaps.

If it were me, I'd install a few screw eyes on the side of your walkways and buy an inexpensive mooring cover. Actually, throwing that cover on and attaching 6 straps to the boards would be a lot easier than snapping 50 snaps. Plus, it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than custom canvas.

Reactions: KJM
Thank you both for the suggestions! You've definitely given me some options to think about.
You are looking for a cockpit cover and a bow toneau cover, not a mooring cover. They were originally options. If they were not ordered they didn't put the snaps in.

You will need to have custom canvas made, and the shop will drill the boat and install the necessary snaps.

If it were me, I'd install a few screw eyes on the side of your walkways and buy an inexpensive mooring cover. Actually, throwing that cover on and attaching 6 straps to the boards would be a lot easier than snapping 50 snaps. Plus, it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than custom canvas