Montgomery Ward 25HP outboard

ajyanka

Seaman Apprentice
I have recently purchased a boat with a Montgomery Ward 25HP outboard and I'm trying to find some information...<br /><br />Model # GG90254<br />S/N 75X68559<br /><br />Who is the manufacturer?<br />What is the Year?<br />Where can I find service manuals?<br /><br />Thanks!

Dewey

Seaman
Re: Montgomery Ward 25HP outboard

I have a 60 hp sea king that I just purchased and I went through the same things that you are going through now. I am new to this stuff but I think that OMC made these motors, at least I know that that is who made mine. I think that the GG in the front of the model number means that it was made by the Gale division of Sea king but I am not possitive. I found a manual by calling Ken Cook Co. out of Milwaukee WI. (414) 466-6060. They are open from 8-4:30 central time. It cost me 40 bones for my manual but it was well worth it now that my motor is running. when you call them up give them your model number and they should convert it into some other number. they should be able to get a manual for you. hope this helps.

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The closest I can come to your model number is GG9025A which is a 1957 Wards Sea King 25 hp. Dewey gave you some great info... Double check the model number, but like Dewey says...call Ken Cook and they should be able to provide you with the correct manual.<br /><br />Walt

ajyanka

Seaman Apprentice

Dewey, Walter,<br /><br />Thanks for the help! It IS an "A" and not a "4" easy enough mistake to make on a 45 year old name plate! In the last 3 days I've gone from an old broken down motor to a running one! Now just finish tuning it up and I'll be boating! Thanks again!<br /><br />ajy