Monsoons

ob

Admiral
I can't believe it . It's raining again in Corpus Christi today.We've had 20" in two weeks.I could have launched in the front yard last week.Need to add some no wake signs in neighborhhood.You can cut the airborn mosquitoes with a knife.

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Monsoons

Yeah ob, I guess them bull reds will have to wait a little while longer to be caught. Raining here too. Ya'll got the tornado last week, we got baseball hail...hammered the **** outta all the vehicles in this area(south Austin).

ob

Admiral

dmessy, If it doesn't stop soon the old testament will have to be rewritten.The part about it raining forty days and nights.tee hee hee.Son and I were contemplating roughing it on foot out the jetty today but mamas cooking.So we figured we'd just eat all day instead.

bubbakat

Captain

ob i've got family living in corpus have been there when all the rain came heard frome them the other day and was told about the bad weather know all about the flying insects and be on guard that they don't grab you and take you to the big ones :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

OB,<br /><br />I know you're tired of the rain, but quit pushing it my way! :D <br /><br />I'm thinking about launching the boat in the street and cruising to the school and practice fishin!

ob

Admiral

Kelton,heavy rain forcasted for late Monday and into Tuesday in Corpus.Still raining here today.I think by Tuesday we'll be catching redfish from patio.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

We'll have it until Wednesday (at least 80% chance). It is moving from your area to mine (Galveston)

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer

Managed to sneak out during the lull on Sunday(11/3) and had a good day bass fishing. Deer season opened and we had the lake to yourselfs :D They weren't jumping into the boat but I mangaed to get 5, big one over #4. If the weather ever relents, the fall fishing is going to be great!

ebbtide176

Commander

well i have good news ;) i've got the yard overseeded, its coming in well, and all the rains are fine with me (so far). i hate it when you're mowing dust clouds instead of grass, so i might have finally won the battle of the lawn... i broke down and planted some shrubs last fall, and some died from the drought this summer anyway, cause a sprinkler system is not in my budget, and i'm not hauling water jugs or standing around with a waterhose acting like a gardener...<br /><br />besides, we're still in a water deficit here, after 3yrs of low rainfall. i grilled steaks on the deck in a light rain yesterday. :D

D

DJ

Y'all are more than welcome to push it over this way.

ob

Admiral

djohns,what is your address and how many inches would you like.I'll express mail you some.LOL

ob

Admiral

You got it.Hey send me one of those baby giant cactus ,if there is such a thing.Always wanted to plant one of those in back yard but someone told me they were protected spieces.

D

DJ

ob,<br /><br />If you mean Saguaro's, (the ones with arms) you bet they're protected. <br /><br />If they catch you digging one of those up, without the express blessing of the EPA, you'll land in jail faster than a crack dealer. About the only quicker way to jail is picking up an eagle feather.

ob

Admiral

Djohns ,do any nurseries in Arizona sell hybrids of the Seguaros cactus plants that can be started from juvenile size.Not that I would be around to see it mature.Just curious.We have native cactus garden in back yard.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Djons....your not happy with the woppen 4" of rain yall get in a good year?<br /><br />Don't even look at a saguaro cactus with a gleam in your eye....or you will be introduced to a hooked barrle cactus buck naked....no strings for miles.<br /><br />I have tore open a beer can with the hook from one of those things.<br /><br />Have there been any fatalities this year from pepole getten drunk and tearin off through the desart on their motor bikes....and then comming to a SUDDEN stop on a saruaro/might as well be a telephone pole cactus?<br /><br />desartwood.

ob

Admiral

Stopped raining today.Emptied rain guage of 6.5 inches in 24 hrs.There's algae growing in it! Thinking about farming some rice or maybe start a cypress tree farm.

D

DJ

ob,<br /><br />You can even buy the "real" thing. A ten footer will cost you about $2,000.00-planted. My neighbor has two. Yes, you can also buy the little potted hybrids. They do pretty well, yet they'll never get much more than two feet in height-or so.<br /><br />Derwood,<br /><br />No, we're in bad shape here. Our biggest lake (Roosevelt) is at 15% of capacity. It doesn't look like it will ever be full again, and not for the lack of rain. Mountain snow has been OK.<br /><br />It seems that when they let the lake down to repair the dam, some birds (forgot the species name) moved into the drained areas. Now the eco. groups won't let the Water Authority refill the lake. <br /><br />My thoughts are:<br /><br />1. Birds can fly, how the $$%^ does one think they got there?<br /><br />2. They were somewhere else before-they'll go back-see # 1, they can fly!!

ob

Admiral

Djohns, ditto on the birds.There's another spieces to consider in ecology.Man.Thanks for the info on the cactus.Wife and kids(21&17)are planing trip out west next summer.Going through Arizona,New Mexico to California.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

OB,<br /><br />when you say wife and kids (21&17) I'm hoping that your kids are 21 & 17, not your wife and kid.<br /><br />If your wife is the 21, then man, You Da Man! I wouldn't mind being stuck inside for a week!<br /><br />Stopped raining here today. Supposed to be great this weekend, which means I'll have to pack the bearings on my travel trailer!!!