Mom's Italian Outdoor Cooker

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Here she is with her painting clothes on ready to tackle another day painting... But first she wants to cook lunch on her new Italian cooker.. Yes, it is our burnt wheelbarrel.. It gets better as I was looking through the stuff. I found she was using my chalking gun, my scraper and a couple of other things.. LOL about it. Get to love her.. :D :D <br /><br /><br />
DSC00096.jpg
<br /><br />
DSC00095.jpg
<br />
DSC00094.jpg

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: Mom's Italian Outdoor Cooker

You say it the same way my wife does.<br />WheelBARROW...not barrel...it's not a barrel<br />This is a barrel-
images
<br /><br />Still love the stories B...keep em'coming <br /> ;) :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Hmmm, not a bad idea for a grill...easily moved around..tip it over to empty ashes. Air/draft control would be a bit tricky.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I love women who can, and do, do something other than whine. :)

KRS

Banned

As for what appears to be burning trash in the wheelbarrow/grill, those toxins and contaminates will end up in your food. In addition, never cook over a fire that has treated lumber in it.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> As for what appears to be burning trash in the wheelbarrow/grill, those toxins and contaminates will end up in your food.
That's where all the flavor comes from. :D I usually just use my torch when I need to cook hot dogs outside. ;)

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well Barb, your Italian cooker looks better than my redneck 55 gallon drum.<br /><br />Only one little question...how come the wienie looks a touch frosty or is that my imagination?<br /><br />Must be those Italian spices, right?<br /><br />Haven't done the torch thing, but I have done a nice pork roast with vegetables on the intake maniford of my old GMC. Just had to remember not to put my foot in the carburetor, that ole 4 bbl Holley would suck up just about anything around it.<br /><br />Keep on cookin' Barbara, makes the day interesting!

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> As for what appears to be burning trash in the wheelbarrow/grill, those toxins and contaminates will end up in your food. In addition, never cook over a fire that has treated lumber in it.
Its a Joke... The fire was way before.. We just thought it was funny to take a picture of it.. Now my mom thought of the grate and took out a freezen hotdog and posed really pretty.. She also came up with the name.. I took the picture..

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> As for what appears to be burning trash in the wheelbarrow/grill, those toxins and contaminates will end up in your food. In addition, never cook over a fire that has treated lumber in it.
Fire it up BD... we'll let you try the first one <br /> :D