models covered question

ziggy

Admiral
i'm trying to help a fellow boater. actually, the uscg aux guy that gave me a nice safety inspection the other day (i passed). he was hoping to get the service manual for his boat. seems like the word is to confirm proper service manual by serial number. well, he has a 98 5.0 mercruiser. so i was gonna lead him to #24 small block v8's. i was looking at my copy of 24 and noted that the models covered is a blank blue box. don't know why. anyways. does anyone have the info as to what models is covered in the book by s/n. since he's got a 98, i was thinking it might be possible that he's got a 97 engine and wanted to confirm by s/n the proper manual for him. anyone got that info?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: models covered question

Get his serial number and post it. A Merc parts program (or site) will list what manual it requires. Usually under the heading of Misc. Information.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: models covered question

will do. the ball is in the aux. guys hands now. i let him know i need his s/n. so up to him to provide it. if he wants the correct s/m. thanks, and will post up the number if i get it..