Model of my boat????

jamiewashere

Cadet
I just bought a 1989 bayliner capri. 19'. how can i tell what model it is? It has a 2.3 litre ford engine and is a bowrider.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Model of my boat????

jamiewashere <br />Welcome to the forum! I would look around for the Manufactuers plate and see if you can find it on there. If you can't decipher it, call a Bayliner Dealer with the numbers and they should be able to tell you what you have. Does it have any graphics on it such as F/S or something to that effect? Good Luck,

jamiewashere

Cadet

It doesent. It just says "capri 2.3 l . I cant seem to find a number anywhere. I am trying to find out so i can order a convertable top for it. Also are you any good with props? I am contemplating getting a speed prop for this boat. any suggestions?

MrBill

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If my info is correct....four 19' bow rider Capri models were available in 1989. 1900 BR (CG), 1901 BR SKI (CL), 1950 BR (CX), and 1970 BR (CP).<br /><br />The following is a guide for the models<br />1900 - outboard model (under 1500 lbs. w/o motor)<br />1901 - outboard model (1670+/- lbs w/o motor)<br />1950 - stern drive model<br />1970 - L-drive<br /><br />Hope this helps identify your boat. Is id to determine re-sale value?? If so check http://www2.nadaguides.com/

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

J,As far as the top it might be simpler to have one made then you can custimize to your needs.<br />As far as a prop we need to know your present rpm and the reccomended rpm range.As a general rule a true speed prop will sacrifice out of hole performance and load power.All props are a comprimise.based on need.