Mobile Al.

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I Just Moved Here And I Just Need Some Fishing Tips In This Area I Came From Fl. And You Can Catch 100ibs Fish In Indian River All The Time In Mobile I Have Been Fishing Around Middle Bay Light House And Only Catching Small Trout And Flounder I Have A 19ft Cuddy Some Im Kind Of Limted To Area My Wife Is In The Coast Guard So I Have To Go Threw This About Every 3yrs Witch Is Fun But I Hate Leaving My Good Fishing Holes Behind

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: Mobile Al.

I wish I could offer advice but I know nothing of the waters around Mobile. That said, I have seen the area from I-10 plenty of times and have looked at it on Google Earth. Just given the basic layout of the waterways and the access to the Gulf, I would be amazed if there weren't some grreat fishing there. I suggest you look for the local fishing reports, hang out at the boat launches, etc. Research, my friend, research!

BTW, tell your wife Semper P!

dockmaster251

Recruit

I was born in mobile 65 yrs ago and have fished all around the bay for 45yrs , all you need to do ask local people and read the news paper.I also watch were other people are fshing. On the eastern shore there are reefs. All you need to do is get a map.Most fisherman from the south will happy to share their experince with you.

I've just bought a new boat... it's been 15 years since I sold my last one so I'm start over and really haven't spent much time fishing yet.

I guess you need to decide what type of fishing you want to do. You can head up the Mobile or Tensaw Rivers for some good freshwater fishing... Bass, Perch, Brim. If you want to head to the bay, Dog and Fish Rivers you can get into the Specs, Red Fish and Flounder or head offshore for you name it.

The Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association is a local group with a forum that the inshore guys gather on... you may want to check it out, there are some good guys out there.

You also may want to check out Alabama Outdoors website. The link I provided is for the Mobile Bay Inshore Fishing Reefs

Good luck, hope to see you out there soon

cordell

Petty Officer 1st Class

You go out in the bay and there are wrecks and man made reefs located there. Head down into 98 south or east cant remember witch way it was called. Anyway go through Daphne and Fairhope and keep driving through Point Clear, the guy who wrote Forest Gump live there, Jimmy Buffet also has a home in Point Clear. You will come to a road called Mary Ann Beach Road. Take a right there. That will dead end at County Road 1. Take a left and you will come to what is know as Pelican Point. Free launch and right at the mouth of Mobile Bay and Weeks Bay. With a cast net you can catch your own bait. Shrimp, shads, and mullet. The turn at Mary Ann Beach Road, if you were to keep going and pass that road up you will come to a marina on your right called Luus. This marina is owned by Jimmy Buffets sister. They have a launch and bait plus all the info you need on the reefs and wrecks. I posted a link to the LuLus web site below. I used to live in Magnolia Springs, I was able to take the Magnolia river to the marina and Mobile Bay. Best fishing times I have ever had out there! Anyway check it out you will be pleased. Once you learn to throw the cast net you can bypass the marina and just go to Mary Ann Beach Road way, saves money. :)

cordell

http://www.lulusathomeport.com/